• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

choosing a battery

ProBlitz

hi guys like i have written in another topic i was thinking about getting a new battery for my 1/10 maverick strada xb with a 15t absima motor and  i was thinking in one abisma 7.2v 4200mah but i also saw a hpi plazma 7.2v 4300mah but its a litle more expensive does it worth the difference?is it really better? does any one have one of those?

go on hobby king and get a cheaper one if your bashing http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29015__Turnigy_nano_tech_5600mah_2S2P_50_100C_Hardcase_Lipo_Pack_ROAR_APPROVED_UK_Warehouse_.html

sorry ive just noticed its not a lipo nattery your after

Edited by chrisknights

but i think my esc isnt compatible with lipo :( and im from portugal i dont have a lot of offer and i dont know if its worthed to import :( i dont know what to do.

and the max i can spend its 40-50

Edited by ProBlitz

How old is your strada?

If it has the MSC-30BR-WP ESC, then it is LiPo compatible. You will just need a LiPo charger to go with it. There's a big difference in performance. Stick with 2S though with a 15T motor.

Is it this ESC?

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=MV30001

If so and you do go LiPo, don't forget to move the jumper on the ESC.

If sticking with nimh, just go with the one with the biggest capacity (Mah) that will physically fit. The differences in price between batteries doesn't just fall down to which is the better one. There's production costs, distribution costs, packaging etc etc... so more expensive, doesn't always mean better.

it says it as but i think it doesnt say what i need to do and i will has to change some wire i think and it was compatible with the servo and radio? and i still had to find a way to fit it in the car :( so what i need to do if i want to change to lipo? and is it really worthed to change?

Edited by ProBlitz

i have been doing some search and found some lipos with tamiya connector like this: battery 

with one of these all i need to do is charge them and use? i also searched on hobbyking but i cant find with tamiya connector those adapters work fine? and for a charger i was thinking on a ABSIMA CB1-S anny suggestion and tips?

Come on fellas.

Does he even have a charger for lipo?

I'm not 100% confident lipo and charger fit 40-50 budget (max)

I know we all pretty much run lipo, but..

Someone must know a dcent NimH retailer?

about the charger i will buy one anyway the budget its 40-50 for battery and 20-30 for charger but i also need to program the esc to cut the current when it drops low or am i wrong? and i cant do that or at least i dont have a programing card...

oh, in that case go lipo then :)

you can usually program esc without a card ;) it's just easier with 1..

hobbyking lipos are good and cheap.  turnigy and zippy spring to mind.  small price jump and u can get gens ace.

what size is your battery tray?

the battery tray its something like this 154x47x24mm but still theres the programing esc problem i dont have the minium ideia how to do it even more without a card :( and like i said before maybe they are but the esc doesnt look like the same on the hpi site :(

i been searching and cant find any there with tamiya conector but someone said before they melt tamiya connectors i dont know so probably the best option its an adapter i also found an low voltage alarm but the battery i cant find one to fit in the car :( the carger theres imax b6 i cant understand it xD.

if the tamiya connectors work fine i think its not worthed to buy on hobbyking i can get a better deal here i think except the low voltage alarm that here costs 10

the battery tray 154x47x24mm its but i also have the connectors problem for what i saw here and in others sites tamiya connector arent recommended and in that case i had to change the connector on the esc would it work fine and its easy to change? those are the main problems, probably the biggest its the connectors one