• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Yeti

53HRA

Everybody was moaning about the rtr xl n seems axial was reading it all. Every part we said needed upgrading has been done. To be fair the rig looks alot better I think. Just gotta wait to see the price on it and a uk release date? Excited think i might have a new basher

Well, don't go much on the shell ( easily fixed ), but it looks kinda fun and you know it'll be well supported, spares and aftermarket upgrades wise. That rear axle though; my TXT-1 just started smiling, knowing that when that day comes that it can't be fixed or replaced any more, there is an off the shelf option to replace hers...

:D

What's the cell max in one of these then?

The car? 6s is being used to maximum bonkers effect. Like a lot of cars of this size and ilk, the sweet spot will probably end up being 5s, but I'm not an owner, I'm basing my assumptions on what I've seen and read.

Personally, I love the Yeti XL, it looks good and I like its quirks.

Again, this is based on reading forums and watching youtube, but the worst I've heard is the odd diff failure, usually on 6s. Front wishbones, but that's hardly unique to the Yeti XL.

I believe that's about the worst of it. If finances allowed, I'd have one tomorrow! Never done scalers, crawlers, rock racers etc, but this is an exciting rig!

I'm not saying it's super tough, I can't as I've never owned one, but it piques my interest.

Fast off-roaders rock! :)

DON'T BUY ONE BASED ON MY THOUGHTS! I'VE YET TO OWN ONE! ;)

• 2 weeks later...