• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TB-01 Questions...

TMaxxDave

Hey all.

Couple of questions for you all :-)

1. Best wt of shock oil? Ive got 40k and 45k or would something else be better? Standard springs on the rear. Standard-ish on the front.

2. Diff oil/grease. Any reccomendations? Both front and rear are filled with vaseline atm....

3. How does the ESC plug into the motor on a turnigy setup? The ESC is labelled A B C. The motor isnt labelled.

4. Best way to set up the suspension?

Will be using the car mainly as a carpark basher with some loose gravel and maybe short grass usage.

5. Best way to waterproof the RX?

Thanx in advance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1. Shock oil really depends on ambient temps, and how you drive, I use 45 all round in the summer and 30 in the winter.

2. Tamiya AW grease, nice and sticky, and I run with an extra diff shim behind the planet gear on one side in the rear to make it a little stiffer.

3. Just plug them in, if the motor runs backwards, swap two over on a sensor less motor to change direction.

4. I run TG10 anti-roll bars front and rear for less body roll and set up with 12-14mm ground clearance on HPI Pirelli tyres (16mm on rally blocks)

5. RX in a balloon if it isn't under the inner body cover.

Thanx Tony.

Shock oil will be 40s :-)

Tamiya Grease - I'll need to buy some

Sorted on the Motor / ESC :-)

Did look at the TG10 ARBs do they make that much difference?

It should be under the inner body cover, but you can never have enough protection from water. Lol

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

From time to time you can find long suspension arm set on ebay, I have one and like the improved geometry. It only marginally widens the car though, that's not the point of the kit. It is designed so the arms pivots are further apart and attach further on the knuckle. It is usually pretty steep price though. There is currently none available (just did a search) but they cost like 60 to 90$. I am not saying you need these, but thought you might like to know they exist in case you did not know. Tamiya part number is 53430

53430.jpg

Edited by Frederik