• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Scx10 ... D90 build ...

Tatts

Looks like I got the last one too as they're now out of stock :tease:

Sadly something tells me this is going to be an expensive buy, I haven't even put a battery in it and already looking at options :whistling:

The first thing I want is some kind of skid plate for it to protect underneath?

DSC00934_zpscfa4cece.jpg

DSC00936_zps360198d2.jpg

Edited by Tatts

Nice one, im thinking about getting one of these so ill just watch yours hopfully you wont need the warranty and that will help me decide lol.

Ive been reading this has afew upgrsdes included which to me sound better than the kit upgrades.

drive shafts

Servo

Tires

esc

What upgrades come with the kit version?

Well had a quick go and there seems to be a problem with a diff?

If you set off really slow it leans over to the left. Give it anything over 1/4 throttle and it leans badly plus the right front wheel lifts off the ground?

Hopefully its a quick fix mate if not perfect opportunity to see how the warranty stuff goes lol. Ive found them for 228 all in now which is near 50 off ms price. If ms charge shipping on top of 265.

Hmmm, sounds like gearbox then but strange if it's the rear shaft more than the front, check the shaft is not fouling the gearbox in any way.

Mine was sat funny in the box but it was the servo arm caught up on the front brace.....

Hmmm, sounds like gearbox then but strange if it's the rear shaft more than the front, check the shaft is not fouling the gearbox in any way.

Mine was sat funny in the box but it was the servo arm caught up on the front brace.....

I did wonder when I opened it why it didn't roll at all. It's like having 100% brake on all the time but I don't understand why only the right wheel lifts and leans left?

If i steer left it's fine but if i set off full lock right it almost rolls.

I'll see if I have time in the morning. It's almost like the left wheels are weighted and the right aren't. Maybe I should swap the wheels? But then that doesn't explain the leaning.

Edited by Tatts

I didn't have time to film it this morning. I emailed MS yesterday afternoon and awaiting a reply.

It wheelies straight in reverse but only with the front right going forward so I would guess it's the back axle, possibly the rear left :(

You can add some preload on that shock (and/or thicker oil) or just be a bit more progressive with the throttle, it is a crawler after all.

A stripped diff locker or wheel hex can exaggerate it with an unpowered wheel so check they don't rotate independently of the opposite wheel.

It still leans like mad with very little and very slow throttle, I only mentioned more throttle as it makes it far worse and shows the problem more. Even with little throttle using full lock right it is close to rolling over so climbing anything right wheel first will probably make it roll over. Google says its the shock on the opposite end (back left) so I will try some proline shocks when I get home or swap front to back as it doesn't do it in reverse but surely I shouldn't have to replace or purchase extra parts on a brand new model.

I guess it's an excuse to upgrade but it may aswell not come with any lol

What motor does it come with? If it's a green 27t I can't see it being that bad torque wise.

Have a play with the nsr shock, wind down the preload a little and try that. Bearing in mind carpet and laminate will give excellent grip too so that could be a factor too with locked diffs.

As said make sure the wheels on each axle turn the same and have no parts broken or loose.

Yes stock green motor. If I squeeze the throttle really slow, the nsr drops and the car leans left before it even starts moving. The front right is lifting in sync with it setting off.

I have watched many videos and yet to find one where the right front is 3inches off the ground while the left front is still on the ground. I understand torque twist but this is silly.

What I found interesting was that even on full throttle in reverse, both back wheels lift together and there is no leaning at any speed or acceleration.

I will start with the shocks when I get home tomorrow night. Firstly swapping front to back. If not I have some 102mm proline powerstrokes that should work?

I have done a fair bit of reading and have a basic understanding to try and sort this :)

Not long home and this has been bugging me so I have found the problem...........

The nsr shock is very soft, if I wind full preload it's roughly the same as the osr. Now when I try it with full preload no lean and wheel lifting, it wont wheelie full stop now.

So what now? The shop is telling me this is normal when I obviously have a defective shock? I know I should upgrade them anyway but I thought it could get away with it for a bit so I can import some powerstrokes.

Check see if there's oil in it.

Stock shocks can tend to leak, 30-40wt oil is about right, you can also unwind a bit of preload off the other shocks too if that's a option.

If you strip the shock, and have some Tamiya rubber o rings, stick them in too, that helps stop leaks. I don't know what's the o rings like from axial but some are fine and others can be useless but it's only a