• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

worksop notts meet up off road/on road

flatout!

Come on now guys there's got to be someone out there around worksop langold area, there's two of us now 5b, and a hpi trophy f, and we need more people to come here to ruff some tracks out with there RC'S, its going to take me ages on my own, it dosnt matter what you run there's somthing here for your rc car, plane, boat, it's amazing out here, im going to supply the petrol for the first two people that come and bash, ill pay for your juice all day I promise, come along and you can just about choose what it is you wont to do, there's even some stuff for crawlers some wicked streams and steep hills in the woodland and it's all with in 1min walk of each other and you won't even have to turn your car off its all drive able everywhere it's great and I think your missing out on a really good thing, i promise about the petrol though first 2 people to come along ill pay for your days petrol, Thanks guys and hope to see someone soon

Hi mate, could be well interested but a couple of questions, what's the parking situation like? Safe, secure, off road, etc.

Do you have a goggle maps link of the area too? Pm it to me if you would rather but I'm part of clumberrcmeets too and we meet up every fortnight and run everything from vintage to trucks so I could get a few of us to you if it's suitable :thumbsup:

I'm no good with these dam ccomputers pal but what I'll do is take some pics while out tomorrow and I'll pop um on for you and others to take a look.

as for the parking we can park depending on how many come we can just about park were you wont, you can park were your bashing or what ever, or park at the lake car park, adventure park cafe there's always someone around the parking area to keep watch, if we buy sandwiches from them and keep um sweat im sure they won't mind the custom to, but i can get to where ever i go mycoffeees everywhere and iv never in the 36 years of living here have ever had my car or family car broken into, but you never no lol! im sure a good coffee for everyone isn't out of the question, ill pay! Come along maybe just meet up there im to mins away,

what is it you run?

Hi, not to far for me, shirebrook, im running both the trophy truggy flux and trophy buggy nitro also got stampede vxl, thats my sons, sounds like a good spot

I have a slash, and tamiyas but mostly run scalers and crawlers.

The reason I asked for a link to Google is I know Worksop but only very little, so directions would be very useful, also have a bit of trouble getting about so being able to park as close to bash spot is a big plus for me too.

I have been to the marina a couple of times though and that's a great spot apart from dog bombs.....

Sounds promising though and wouldn't mind a trip out that way :thumbsup:

Where is the bash spot, is it near near the lake ? , might even give it ago tommorow weather permitting

Just next to the lake pal and if I talk to the cafe owner no promises but you mite ever be able to sit in your car and use it in some places ill try getting a gate open that will take you to most spots,

for the crawlers it's good i used to use my trials bike around some areas nice and complicated in some of it,

where's the harbor?

Hi, not to far for me, shirebrook, im running both the trophy truggy flux and trophy buggy nitro also got stampede vxl, thats my sons, sounds like a good spot

give me a ring if you fancy it 07778553536 and ill sort out the directions when on the phone it'll be easyer that way, see ya soon you wont regret it

Edited by flatout!

I have a slash, and tamiyas but mostly run scalers and crawlers.

The reason I asked for a link to Google is I know Worksop but only very little, so directions would be very useful, also have a bit of trouble getting about so being able to park as close to bash spot is a big plus for me too.

I have been to the marina a couple of times though and that's a great spot apart from dog bombs.....

Sounds promising though and wouldn't mind a trip out that way :thumbsup:

give me a ring ************* if you fancy it pal ill give you directions on the phone it's easyer that way for me. You won't regret it pal there's plenty for them crawlers and it's all in the woods really so if it rains your under cover for a while till it starts coming through the trees, yak down the back of your kneck lol! lol! Ha ha! Edited by flatout!

There's one particular spot in the same place in the woodyard, there's an old building that's still left standing and then there's about 2/3 acre of concrete, the building is the observation tower it's made for it, you have to remember though guys it's not marked out anywhere only were ive been, so your going to have to use your heads a bit and we'll come up with somthing in there ive got cones and markers, so that's road tyres if you wont to use them.

The off road stuff well that's everywhere there's open sections with nice jumps and + landing aswell, when you go up there's somthing to land on, in the right direction your landing, and there's a metal skate park near the cafe, that's the adventure park, quite a walk but there's good wheel chair access from the parking areas and most of the way around the place, in the wooded area it'sa bit hilly and some flat, Iif you put in the langold lake in Google you'll see the surrounding areas around the lake is where most off it is, but it's a bit deeper into the wooded areas where the baja stuff would be there's a really good gravel come dirt and tarmac for one track partentially it'll just need a few baja losi's sideways around it a few times and the track will be set, it's all marked out with little stumpy wooden post were put there 10/15 years ago to mark the car park out but its over grown over the years and it's just left us a purfect track for 5th 8th scale even small cars because some is gravel and i believe hard standings better for 10 scale and so on? I don't no, but all i no is you'll love it come along tell ya mates. I'll be there from 11.30 on and ill have my phone on at the ready, hope to see some one and I'll stick to the fuel for you two guys that got in touch first, but don't get thrashing the arse off it coz it's free 5l won't go far lol! Lol! I would lol!

Where is the bash spot, is it near near the lake ? , might even give it ago tommorow weather permitting

it's just by langold lake pal just give me a tinkle in the late i mean late lol! Morning ill assist you in getting here from shirebrook pal no bother hopefully see ya all tomorrow guys

Hi, im gunna have a ride out there today, i will sat nav langold lake and i reckon i will be there about 12 ish , when i get there or close i will probably give you ring

Hi been up there today but no one there, not sure if i was in right area, at first i parked up by the lake where there is a kiddies park and small cafe, had a walk round there but could no see any one or the place described, then tried parking at the skate park area and had a walk down that tarmac path, came to end, there was some kind oval track with piles of soil in middle then what looked like an old abandoned tarmac square on or near some industrial units looke likecan old factory was there once, i was there around 12.30 ish, didnt see any signs of anyone with rc, was i in the right area ?

That's the place mate i was there the ovel looking thing you said about, i was there messing with the pocksy yamma buggy, i had my km there white van there didn't you see the van? Iv left a number for you? If you'd have rang id have seen you you was 100m away from me

Sorry haven't got any pics at the minute im in the middle of getting somthing set up with it all and then I'll pop some teases on for all to see, im going tomorrow so I'm going to take my camara instead of the phone, iv got a little tripod i can set up but no one to do the camara work it's going to be hard with the timer pmsl! It's going to be fun im sure! Lol!

There's a few of my car in the off road gallery

Ok ill wait for that enjoy'[/quote

sorry matey the weather as been really bad here today and im hoping to get down there tomorrow and the weekend, so there should be plenty pictures to put on anyway I hope lol! And hopefully iv got a member coming to have a bash here and then we can have a chat about the place to see if there's anything we can do with it,

but it's really good there there's loads to do, like on road stuff, off road there's loads of off road, and in some bits of it you can incorporate it all into one big track i suppose as long as you can see the thing your controlling lol!

hope to see some more people turning up and I'llppost some pictures after the weekend,

• Like 1

Nothing again today raining all day, and i don't think much to ding anything in the rain definitely not taking my rc's out in it,

maybe tomorrow if it's not to bad i mite go and do some static shots of the areas you'd be using, I'll have to see what comes of it.

I'll up date again tomorrow hopefully with a few shots

Going to try for Sunday, looks like the better of the days, iv got the problem of the camera if it's wet that will definitely pack up? Lol! I'm going to try and get some pics and hopefully you guys can get an eye full of what iv got all to myself around here, i might have all this to use my rc's on but no one to challenge me so if anyone wonts to come along and see what it is that's out here for you guys to use, hope someone can make it ill be there at the cafe skate park of doncaster road langold S81 9QG ask anyone you see and ask them were the skate park is and you will find me there im going to leave a number 07778553536 call when close by and ill direct you from where you are no problems, thanks and hope to see someone there on Sunday at 12.30pm afternoon see ya guys