• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HobbyKing, UPDATE 7/1/15 !

Mr Drifta

I've trawled but too no real avail except they say they deal with manufacturer direct.........

So I placed my order to be collected at UK warehouse,.

BUT my order is on Back order... ...

To my shock i've been reading people have waited 1yr for goods from HK WAREHOUSE'S and the goods still aint showed  :insane:

SO my question is...

WHERE THE HELL DO UK WAREHOUSE BACK ORDERS COME FROM AND WILL IT EVER SHOW before i'm  :wheelchair:  ??

Edited by Mr Drifta

Its the price of hobbyking mate. They give such good prices because they haven't got the customer service of top shops. Any hobbyking order is click and forget.

All my uk warehouse orders still come from asia too lol. Cant moan tho cos the prices are great.

• Like 1

If it's any consolation it's not just HK. Only today received a tail motor that I had on back order from RC Hero. I paid for it on Aug 31st. Must admit the package contained some extra main and tail blades that I didn't order (contained in original Xtreme packaging), so I guess RC Hero have not been able to get the supplies that they requested.

Edited by Garf
  • Like 1

I've learned a lesson with most rc shops if it ain't in stock buy it from where itis in stock I've given up on a few things I've ordered from je models and a few others mainly because the company's have since gone bust.

But in your case didn't they have stock in the international warehouse if so you should have ordered from there and paid p&p might still have worked out cheeper and quicker than a back order

• Like 1

I've learned a lesson with most rc shops if it ain't in stock buy it from where itis in stock I've given up on a few things I've ordered from je models and a few others mainly because the company's have since gone bust.

But in your case didn't they have stock in the international warehouse if so you should have ordered from there and paid p&p might still have worked out cheeper and quicker than a back order

The offer was

Back order generally means they are waiting to be made at the factory,

and like someone has already mentioned, if ther are not enough orders to warant a manufacturing run, chances are they won't get made

Back order generally means they are waiting to be made at the factory,

and like someone has already mentioned, if ther are not enough orders to warant a manufacturing run, chances are they won't get made

Yet when i log in too my Hobbyking account, click on the exact same item that comes up on bottom right it says the item is in Transit too uk...

I've marked mine too be collected in uk, so surely my order status should now say dispatched not waiting for print??

Feel like a bloody money lender tbh  :whistling:

Apparently, it takes roughly 3 months for stock to travel from Hong Kong to UK(by boat). I'm assuming that's "if" the items are available to be dispatched from the manufacturer and do not need to be built. I remember hearing it in one of their videos of the UK warehouse.

I've always had good success from HobbyKing, but as previously stated, if the item is on backorder just order somewhere else. Or if you're willing to wait, just click the option for email notification so your money is not being tied up.

Listen at 2:22, the video should auto start there.

http://youtu.be/-VgzhITYuq8?t=2m22s

• Like 1

Apparently, it takes roughly 3 months for stock to travel from Hong Kong to UK(by boat). I'm assuming that's "if" the items are available to be dispatched from the manufacturer and do not need to be built. I remember hearing it in one of their videos of the UK warehouse.

I've always had good success from HobbyKing, but as previously stated, if the item is on backorder just order somewhere else. Or if you're willing to wait, just click the option for email notification so your money is not being tied up.

Listen at 2:22, the video should auto start there.

http://youtu.be/-VgzhITYuq8?t=2m22s

Cheers bud, totally appreciate logistics and time scales NO worries there, its the product availability /tracking/supply info that's my problem.. 

Yep I agree. It would be great to even know a rough timescale as to when something will be in stock again. It seems just random. Take the Orangerx T-Six radio. I think that was out of stock for about a year, 20+ backorders for it too. Then out of nowhere, an updated version is released(which I'm assuming these filled the backorder requests also). That's a long time though, and I was one also waiting for it, but did not have my money tied up into it. But I know it's just having some insight that makes the difference.

Yep I agree. It would be great to even know a rough timescale as to when something will be in stock again. It seems just random. Take the Orangerx T-Six radio. I think that was out of stock for about a year, 20+ backorders for it too. Then out of nowhere, an updated version is released(which I'm assuming these filled the backorder requests also). That's a long time though, and I was one also waiting for it, but did not have my money tied up into it. But I know it's just having some insight that makes the difference.

time scale and where the hell its coming from lol.

trouble is you only have so long with PAYPAL to put a claim in so this becomes a massive waste of time if they wont/don't tell us what the hell is going on with orders lol

Yep it would be great to know roughly when to expect it. As for where it's coming from, my guess is china lol.

I wouldn't worry about a paypal claim. Easy enough to cancel the order and order elsewhere or reorder from the international warehouse(except that runs the risk of customs). I've canceled a few orders myself and generally all sorted within minutes. Just wait till the live chat is available. I know I may come across as a HK advocate, and I don't intend too, just giving my perspective and experience with them. I'm just waiting for a Ireland warehouse lol. That would be ideal!!

I remember reading on the Hk website somewhere that they try to fill back orders within 30 days. That's an estimate though and depends on manufacturers too. And I'm assuming that's for the international warehouse.

Yep it would be great to know roughly when to expect it. As for where it's coming from, my guess is china lol.

I wouldn't worry about a paypal claim. Easy enough to cancel the order and order elsewhere or reorder from the international warehouse(except that runs the risk of customs). I've canceled a few orders myself and generally all sorted within minutes. Just wait till the live chat is available. I know I may come across as a HK advocate, and I don't intend too, just giving my perspective and experience with them. I'm just waiting for a Ireland warehouse lol. That would be ideal!!

I remember reading on the Hk website somewhere that they try to fill back orders within 30 days. That's an estimate though and depends on manufacturers too. And I'm assuming that's for the international warehouse.

I really do want too give them a chance as I'm a new customer, BUT THE SERIOUS LACK OF PRODUCT AND

TIMESCALE INFORMATION IS APPALLING..

COME ON HK TIME TOO SORT THIS ISSUE!!!!!

LOL,that's exact the big reason why I seldom drop my order to Hobbyking.

It is pathetic if i am honest, i have always used MS and if that fails ebay..

The product i have ordered off HK was such a good price that no one could match or beat..

COME ON MS GIVE HK A BASHING, MATCH THEIR PRICES and alloy us too stay loyal too UK shops as we all at heart want too  :yes:

If you want a price match the only place you might get one for the m12 is by speaking the Jamie at smd but before you ask add 20% on the price you have then it might be worth it for them

IF SMD can NI-ON match HK's price inc postage,give a time scale then I WILL CANCEL NOW AND BUY  :ballons:

Trouble is erm who is jamie and erm smd??  :ph34r: