• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Novarossi Roma

Nitro RC Nerd

Here we short footage of this Roma 25 as I was preparing to test out two completely different pipes. I wanted to try an 086 and a Werks 2013 pipe (high speed and torque, respectively).  We use this vehicle for bashing so not concerned with run times or any of that....

The Roma is an enigma with me. It was difficult to tune at first but once it dropped its nuts I can find the sweer spot a little easier. Still testing different pipes, but as of now prefer the 086 on it.

Enjoy the snarl of this villain known as the Novarossi Roma. ;-)

Edited by Nitro RC Nerd

Yeah I was surprised at how monstrous this Roma is. I'd always heard how linear it is (I'm a mid-range guy so prefer a linear power-band) )but it's different than say 'B6 linear', which is buttery smooth. The best way I explain it to folks is that it feels like it's always on the pipe. And yep, it was being tuned in those clips (you can hear it from clip to clip) but probably 80% optimized. I have it cleaning out fairly well now and it transitions better with an 086 IMO.

I'm not sure what I'll end up putting it in, but I am going to throw it in my son's Losi 8ight 2.0 (which currently runs a B6)  just to see how the engine rockets that buggy. I'm happy to post up a clip of that when I do.

Also, thanks for the kind words. I'll often make videos for friends who are considering a certain engine/pipe combination. So instead of taking my word it helps to see it and they can decide for themselves... and have no problem publishing.  It does get frustrating sometimes to see people explain how to tune/setup but you never get to actually see it to better understand

• Like 1