• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Waterproof cover?

Mattee

Hi all

I just got myself a Losi 8ight 2.0 electric buggy after many years away from RC and it's great.

My last run ended up going through some unseen puddles and the buggy got pretty wet and very muddy so want to waterproof better if possible.

What do you guys recommend I do? I have seen a kind of fabric type cover that goes over the entire chassis and electrics but can't seem to find what exactly there called and can't see any on rc websites - plus it needs to fit my 8t.

Any links or tips would be apreciated :)

I think the thing you are talking about is a shroud made By a company called dusty motors.

My preferred waterproofing method is corrosion x - a liquid that you apply to electrical components.

Dusty motors shrouds are, I think, what you are referring to. They're spot on for keeping things clean, however, restrict airflow so often a slight drop in gearing is required to compensate.

Run in wet conditions, expect a mucky rc ;)