• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya TT-02 D how to undrift

kevden45

Hello I just purchased a second hand tamiya tt02 D I didn't realise it was the drift model until I got the parcel. Anyways I was wondering how do you make it into a normal touring car instead of a drift chassis? What parts would I need? I hope it's pretty easy to do but I have no experience with drift chassis I appreciate any help cheers.

Cheers noj, I already had that idea of looking up the manual i think i've found the parts code which is 51531which is for the diff case,bevel pinion gears,spur gear stopper,ring gear and spur and modelsport have them am I right in thinking these are what I need and would I need two sets one for the front and one for the back?  

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-tt-02-g-parts-gear-/rc-car-products/373949 

2 x tt01e gear bags (51004)

2 x star shafts (51008), 4 x large bevel gears (51008) and 6 x small bevel gears (51008) - all of which come in screw bags A and B.....or two of these from eBay : 380951491658

Okay I think I may have ordered the wrong parts then as I ordered the following Tamiya 51531 TT-02 G Parts and Tamiya 51529 TT-02 C Parts (Cup Joint) will these do or should I cancel that and get them parts you mentioned noj? Sorry for all the newbie questions guys. 

Ohh dear the car is actualy a tt-01 model just matched it upto the instructions, and it's not even the drift model like he said it was! it's the standard with no adjustabe camber or suspension :(. So I have fitted them gears into the tt-01 instead does th same apply for the tt-01 I dont understand why its drifitng about with it not being the D model would it have anything to do with it being ball raced?