• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI blitz flux or Savage xs flux

Rc lari

Hi all. Need advist! What's everyone's oppinion on the HPI Blitz flux and HPI savage xs flux. Im thinking of buying one or the other but really unsure as I like the 4*4 bonus but never really had a short course 2wd other than a BSD prime storm I bought last week realised how poorly made it was and returned yesterday!! So really unsure can I get some advise from the knowledgeable ones on here please. :)

I had a Blitz till recently. Loved it! The toughest, most reliable RC I've had so far. My 11 year old son used it more than me and we only had 2 breakages (front arm and part of the steering) in a year of bashing it most weekends.

Only sold it as my son has a Mini ST nitro now and i wanted a Savage.

I had a Blitz till recently. Loved it! The toughest, most reliable RC I've had so far. My 11 year old son used it more than me and we only had 2 breakages (front arm and part of the steering) in a year of bashing it most weekends.

Only sold it as my son has a Mini ST nitro now and i wanted a Savage.

Ok thanks so that's one each now

I vote blitz. I have the XS, it's a SoAB to work on I really hate working on it so much, it's in a box on bits at the moment, the blitz is based on the firestorm, which I have too & that is awesome! I far prefer that to the XS. But there two very different beasts so they can't be compared fairly really, it's down to what you prefer? 2wd? 4wd? Sct or stadium truck or monster truck?

Having owned a Firestorm in the past - which is effectively the same car but with a shorter chassis different wheels and body - i'd say Blitz too, it'll be a wheelie machine on 3s (or at least my Firestorm was lol) and just as fast as they both use the same electrics, just a whole load more controllable.

I love my blitz, have had it for a year or so and not broke anything, it handles great on all kinds of surfaces and is quite an animal on 3s as mentioned by Pistonhead.

Blitz gets my vote, a great, fast Rc that is tough and will take a beating. Also plenty of hop ups to keep you happy.

Out of the box it only needs a couple of hops ups to make it really perform (new wheels/tires, alum steering bellcrank and a couple of chassis braces)

Depends on where you plan on driving it? If you're looking for something to bash around and take to skateparks etc I'd go for the XS, they're not that bad to work on once you know your way around them. They're one of the most fun rc's I've owned.

The blitz would be a good choice if you fancy trying out racing but would be good for some jumps too.

To be honest I wont be going to skate parks maybe bmx track but mostly car parks / old in used gravel car parks which are arent level some some great puddles and over grown areas. Lol I have some where in mind can you tell!! ;)

What's else would u recommend I buy at the same time then?

A couple of lipos, a fast charger and the aluminium steering bellcrank. Also get some pro line trenchers, great for all round bashing and long lasting.

Then once you have got used to driving it, let me know and I'll tell you what's the next step.

A couple of lipos, a fast charger and the aluminium steering bellcrank. Also get some pro line trenchers, great for all round bashing and long lasting.

Then once you have got used to driving it, let me know and I'll tell you what's the next step.

Thanks I have 2 x lipos and a fasts charger already may buy a 3s at some point. Where do u buy your hopups just looked and the alloy parts seem very expensive :(

Also I'm getting well confused as some sites say the bltiz flux car comes with a 4300kv motor and other say its a 4000kv motor. Which is it or is there 2 options?