• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper St/ Hyper 7 Brushless waterproof Receiver box

Been looking for a waterproof receiver box for my brushless ST and courtesy of my HPI vouchers I bought one of these

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=363717&gclid=CJKGjob71MICFQ6WtAodsysAvQ

To say it is a perfect fit is an understatement it fits perfectly on top of the servo and even the screw holes are in the correct position just need some longer screws than the standard think mine where around 12mm long thread

here are some photos of it fitted.

FullSizeRender_zpsc6b12e70.jpg

Where the servo and ESC wires go into the box it's quite close to the propshaft but with some appropriately positioned cable ties these are out of the way by a few millimetres :thumbsup:  

FullSizeRender3_zps66ca8afe.jpg

• Like 3

I also had exactly the same straps. ....which I found terrible to use....how do u get on with them??I changed mine for sum losi sct ones. ...there cheaper then the losi 8 ones....

Scorpion straps are very good, held LiPo's in my heli's very well. Available for the likes of Fastlads

I got same one in my st...lol...i also had exactly the same straps. ....which I found terrible to use....how do u get on with them??I changed mine for sum losi sct ones. ...there cheaper then the losi 8 ones....

Yeah I get on fine with them albeit a little fiddly I will have a look at the Losi SCT straps though :thumbsup:

Tidy install, and looks far more professional than an Rx wrapped in a balloon ;)

I used to do that in the old days with me Optima Mids and Tamiya Hotshots (God I miss them esp the Optima Mid great cars :crybaby: ) If you see any good one's going I might be interested if funds at the time allow.

and thank you for the "tidy install" coming from someone with your knowledge and ability that's a huge complement to me :cheers:

looks far more professional than an Rx wrapped in a balloon ;)

Are you mad?.anything wrapped in rubber will be good (pun intended) for keeping fluid in...or out! :)

Not looking for pretty...just satisfaction.  :xd:

Edited by Anthoop

That looks great, on my st, I used the traxxas wp one on top of the centre diff plate, but that looks much neater, and simpler when you need to work on it.