• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SS Suspension for Hyper 7

The two things I like about the SS is the true king pin system (spindles instead of knuckles, etc.) and of course the 17mm shocks. For shocks I've tried MBX7 and Losi 8ight 2.0 on my Hyper 7., and neither were a good fit. 

I'm curious if anyone has employed the SS suspension/steering assembly on their Hyper 7 and if so how it worked out for you. I don't mind the Hyper 7's so much, but on paper the SS looks like an upgrade so I am exploring it. 

The SS shares the 7's drivetrain and gearbox housings so wishbones should work. From what i've read about the SS shocks is that they're an ideal upgrade for the 7, they're smoother and despite coming off a lighter buggy, the damping and spring rates are spot on.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the. feedback.

Aren't those the SS shocks? If not where can I find a set?  I was hoping to grab a set from a chop shop and these are the ones that keep popping up when I search. I hope they are not it, as in all candor i could not justify spending that much money on shocks. You can get MP9, MBX7, Xray. etc. shocks for 1/2 that. when they jack up the price like that. You can  get an SS roller for $125

They stock 7 ones are okay...but the suspension as a whole is my least favorite part of the Hyper 7. I do have some Hyper 9 shocks on it I'm going to try....you never know. ;)

Thanks again

Thanks

Hi,

Yes they are the SS shocks, I was going to buy a set but then if the SS roller is not much more I might look into one of those, I was also going to buy a set of SS shock towers as they look like a perfect fit for the ST and maybe 7 too :thumbsup:

I have not taken a close look at the SS but , but I would imagine the towers would be compatible with the Hyper 7. I guess one question would be what parts are not compatible between the two? ;-)

I have towers from the PBS, Pro, and TQ.. They are close to the same weight (the PBS one--#87361 I believe is the heaviest.

If the SS one is lighter than those three I'd be interested...trying to drop weight on it. Just installed the LCG engine plate and some other things so about ti give it its next weight in.

Well I've closely looked at some parts and they all look fairly compatible which would be a good thing as it would give some cheaper spares, I've got a set of ST Pro shock towers here which I've not yet got around to fitting not sure whether to get a set of SS towers to try them although the bodyshell fitting on the front of the SS is the main difference and think you would need the top plate and steering to fit although I might be wrong there.

That's very interesting....I knew you guys could help me out. I did not even think about the SS body being different. I just looked at it now (for the first time really looked at it)...I like the style much better than the TQ Sport one. I assume they sell clear versions as I want to paint one.

Does anyone have a pic of an SS body on a Hyper 7? (Don't be shy....I shared a pic of my  RC8.2 T--yes 'T'' boy that I butchered for my Hyper 7.buggy...) ;-)