• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3DR Pixhawk and Alien frame

baorevo

Just got the latest addition to the growing quad fleet finished :)

IMG_20141219_201643_1_zps9217cbcf.jpg

IMG_20141219_201552_1_zpsa118ddfc.jpg

IMG_20141219_201625_1_zpsafc7f446.jpg

its an alien 500 quad frame with a 3DR Pixhawk 32 bit controller, one of the most complete flight controllers on the market !!!!

it really is packed !! and with the 433mhz telemetry module i attached i can control it also via my tablet and smartphone...

I also tried some new on the market motors from myrcmart http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-h2214-950kv-for-dji-phantomf450f550-brushless-motor-cw-clockwise-preorder-p-8034.html

They promised longer flight times and ....20 mins i get from a 5000mah 3s leaving 11v in the lipo as opposed to 15  with my sunnysky's i was really surprised .

im really pleased with it 

• Like 1

I just upgraded my naza m-lite to naza v2 yesterday (yes you can ;) )  and i use my naza quad mainly for gimball cam use as i find it quite easy and straight forward to fly so it suits its purpose. With the upgrade it gains in stability and precision so im quite pleased.

Now i have an apm 2.6 and thats a great flyer and of course theres no beating its full features for the price, with a good gps its very stable in gps mode  and is up to par with the naza and believe me ive put them both through there paces...

Now the pixhawk is quit another thing ...i havnt had it long so i cant really give a precise and true review but so far its doing well and dont forget its a 32bit processor and full of potential

what do i prefer ..............apm and pixhawk.

Very interested in your comments!

I found the naza lite was very slow to acquire GPS lock and took almost a full pack to become stable, similar comments from other users on another forum. Wasn't aware it could be upgraded to v2 :o

My APM boards were firstly in a quanum nova, which was anything but PNF from Hobbyking but results eventually were good.

Second APM board was an ardupilot purchased from eBay and I suspect non genuine/clone. Ok generally but tended to go off on its own for a second or two then return to control, didn't keep it long

Now have a phantom with v2 naza and hoping to fly more than a minute when the wind stops being gale force!

Planning another quad/hexa build in the new year so your comments will be well received!

Edited by Davy Crockett

Baorevo,how do you upgrade the Lite to th V2?

Thanks

Hi

Go to this site http://naza-upgrade.com/ and download the software then run the file and follow the instructions, there is a video tuto on the sit also.

I did mine and its a lot more stable , the lite needed a new firmware as its allways been a little unstable drifting wise, i updated and no more drift and flights are a lot cleaner.

Edited by baorevo