• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

All Hands on Deck! - New track build - Astro - Help Wanted

RCMonkee

prcbanner_zps288626bd.jpeg

Following on from the EGM on sunday, and the committee meeting tuesday, the dates for the track work are now set.

We now have a design and dates set to set work on the track. Astro is on its way and we need all the help we can get to get this sorted over 3 weekends. If you have been to the Plymouth track, currently race at the track or are thinking that you may like to come along then please come down and lend a hand. Even if its for a few hours it will all be worth it.

January 4th is a farewell old track race day.

January, saturday 10th and sunday 11th. First maintenance weekend. Focusing on removing all track edging, jumps etc from off the track, and storing it either in the pits, or down the side of the track. A lot of the track edging and piping is still very much reusable.

January, saturday 17th and sunday 18th. Second maintenance weekend. Heavy machinery to grade the land, re-profile and build the new track design.

January, saturday 24th and sunday 25th. Laying of astroturf onto the new track layout, and repinning of track edging/ final touchs etc.

Obviously, this is quite an ambitious plan. The track cannot remain closed for more than three weeks. Therefore, and i'm sure you know what i'm about to say, without help, and a lot of it, we cannot complete the works as detailed above. If we don't get enough people to help, the plans will be scaled back, to fit into the three week time frame.

Cheers all, and i look forward to seeing you all in the new year.

any question then please email here....
http://plymouthrc.co.uk/website/contact

If you would like to help out but dont know where we are.....
http://plymouthrc.co.uk/website/directions-track

IMAG3714_BURST008_zps3cd53562.jpg

I wouldn't mind helping out, I've got tickets for swingers and dumpers as well if you need help with them.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Keep an eye out on the facebook page for any changes but at the moment it is the dates as above as long as the weather is not too bad or its frozen solid!. I am not sure what machinery they have organised  but any help would be much appreciated thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/plymouthrc/?fref=ts

Edited by RCMonkee

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so had the first weekend of working on the track. Thankfully the weather was pretty good and let us get on with what we had to do. All the track edging, jumps, carpet, astro and anything else in the way has been ripped up. This now gives us access for the digger to start doing all the earth moving. 
Couple of features have been started and again await some digger action.

Now thats done, the hardwork of creating a new track can begin. We still need alot of help. I think the astro will be here next week and also the digger(s). If you have even just a few hours free over the next few weekends then please feel free to pop down and give us a hand. 

Thanks to all that showed up this weekend and got your hands dirty and bringing Doughnuts :)

Same time next week then, Sat & Sun :) 

IMAG6088_zpsf2c2ec2c.jpg
IMAG6087_zps31a694fc.jpg
IMAG6086_zps8d65707f.jpg
IMAG6085_zpsef6978a5.jpg
IMAG6084_zpsc042b686.jpg
IMAG6083_zps0c013e47.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Last 2 weekends have been busy at the track. Had digger down last week moving earth around, digging up old jumps and forming others. The Astro will be arriving this weekend along with a digger or two and and some other equipment.

We need all the help we can get this weekend to get the Astro laid as it literally weighs a Ton!  We appreciate people work and want to spend the weekend not doing any but for the benefit of your local club and having an awesome all weather track on or near your doorstep any kind of help would be fantastic. Bring the kids, we can find stuff for them to do too :)

Thank you