• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2 Stroke oil

2strokebasher

Hello all,

I have a CEN Matrix 5 MT that i got from a mate of mine that never used it. Since new it has had half a tank of fuel through it and has then sat in his garage for a year until I rescued it. Its Mint condition, anyway,

My question is, since i don't know what previous 2 stroke oil was used, and my mate can't remember either, is it ok to just to just to get rid of the fuel that is in the tank and start again with new fuel/oil mix, or is there a procedure of cleaning out the old oil before new goes in. I have got some new oil from modelsport (Klotz Optiprotect) that I plan on using. This is just going to be a Local field basher and so not looking for super performance if that helps. 

P.S. The manual says to mix 25:1 fuel oil.

Thanks all,

You flush the engine with neat fuel when changing oil mate, well you should anyway.

btw dont start it with neat fuel in. :D

what I should have said is you need to flush with neat fuel when changing from non synthetic to full synthetic oil an as you dont know what oil was used previously then I'd say flush it.. ;)

Thanks for the replies guys 

So to flush the engine;

poor neat petrol into the empty tank,

prime the carb a few times to clean the lines and carb, 

pull the pull start a couple of times (not starting engine) 

Then tip the fuel out of the tank and you are good to go on the fresh mix

Have I got the above right?

• Like 1