• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage Video: Best Evar!

Nitro RC Nerd

I've watched his vids many a time, amazing editing skills. It's not just getting the shot (a skill he's clearly got), but having the editing software and knowing how to use it.

One can only aspire.

• Like 1

Well unfortunately some folks often focus on critiquing than adding value. ;-(

It's his opinion and he's entitled to it, just because he didn't say "wow great video" makes him the bad guy?

I enjoyed it for the video editing skills rather than the actual content.

• Like 2

The use of the phrase 'best evar' (actually, 'ever', however...) suggests great things, which, IMO, were not delivered. I concur that the editing was smooth and that the camera work was good, the content was frankly old hat and extremely boring.

One man can ramp an rc only so many times before monotony sets in, and only a soft arse lights a huge bonfire with a bow and arrow from a safe distance. In my day, it would have been lit by hand, using a taper or page from the Sun, and if you burnt yourself, it made a man of you - chicks dig scars ;)

For flame fuelled fun, Bubbles flaming ramp jump from the 2013 bash is up there with some of the best, IMHO of course.

Next!

• Like 1

The use of the phrase 'best evar' (actually, 'ever', however...) \

Hmmm....nope, I meant best evar, I'm pretty sure/. 

Anyway, 'bubbles flaming ramp' eh? Sounds awesome. I've never heard of it. Did you jump it with a Savage?  . I imagine you have some pretty sick vids if you thought that was boring. Wow. I can't wait to see it...is it posted on here somewhere?

I obviously like the one above to now .but then again I'm easy to please. I personally respect anyone who puts it out there for others to see in hopes to appreciate, and of yes or course there are always who are superior so they critique.

I clicked you 'best evar' link and it opened this topic what was the point of that?

To simply NO CENSORED SWEARING PLEASE AS PER THE RULES   .....RM......

Either that or a bad copy/paste job. :sweatdrop:  I just have to laugh at the haughty grammar/spelling gestapo. As I said it's the best EVAR!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+evar 

It's called satire.. 

p.s. Hey Bubbles, I would not click the link above or you're going to waste another :48 seconds of your life. I've already been in the dumps all week for wasting 7:25 of it earlier...so cannot be held responsible for any more. 

Edited by Rover Man
Removed censored swearing.....RM...

Electric vehicles are fun to warch jump because of the torque and at our track I sit and really enjoy watching the buggies fly (it's a scene, man)

, but I enjoy watching nitro's jump due to how much more challenging it is (plus I'm so used to nitro the lack of sound in electrics creeps me out. I still want to see Bubble's Savage jump (and hope it is nitro like in the video above).

i also find repeated jumps more impressive (as opposed with someone who jumps over the monkey bars at a skare park and giggle while his  vehicle breaks in 1/2....calling it the best jump eveR because simply because it ended in 'carnage'. I had a friend who would always argue with that his vehicle was so tough because he broke it all the time.I told him once when bashing it was more like a POS because it broke and asked him to keep up....he knows.We laughed as he got his carnage and mine kept going until we got tired of watching it. To each is own, own guess. Perhaps nitro guys are less critical of one another since we all share common bond of knowing what it takes to truly make it sing. ;-) 

I like watching vehicles just tear at it over and over and over and over again. The nitro heads I know have an appreciation for that.

With that I love SavageJunky's videos! He helped me validate design flaws I was seeing as well got me thinking of areas i had not considered and test it out. His jumps are spectacular, and more importantly he takes the time out to help and is always positive and encouraging with other videos. So yeah...Kudos to SavageJunky if you are on here.  :thumbsup: 

Edited by Nitro RC Nerd

I'm with you on that, I'm always looking for new ramping and bashing vids. Sadly, my own are crap.

However, nitro sounds Hideous at the best of times! Leccy doesn't sound good either, but at least it doesn't hurt your ears once it's a few feet away. To each their own! ;)

Now go get those pics and show us what you mean.

Really, drop this ridiculous idea you have about superiority. Any member is entitled to share an opinion or 'critique' a video.

Also, check my Sig, I am Noj, not Bubbles.

Tool