• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hpi firestorm e newbie needs some advice

badenemy

hi guys and girls need some advice just bought hip e firestorm and it came with a

NIMH plasma battery but after asking on the forum i was told to get some lipo batteries problem i have is lipos i have come with deans connector so how do i connect deans connector to the connector on HPI firestorm  this is the battery i have in the link below that connects to the car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/310857408399?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Edited by badenemy

yes my charger has deans connector can i not buy an adaptor as i want my son to use the NIMH battery also to start with to get used to the car

You can buy a tamiya-deans adapter yeah, ill try find one for ya but your better soldering a deans on in the long run  :thumbsup:

Edit: Here ya go http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-female-tamiya-to-male-deans-adaptor/rc-car-products/39232

Edited by Ewan.Mackay

Tamiya connectors enjoy melting when being used with lipos. After Xmas I would get an iron and learn how to solder as it will help you out in the future a lot. A good iron and solder is a must and lots of practice.

You mean it has a male tamiya? And yeah cut that off and solder on a female deans (assuming that your batteries have male connectors). But you might wanna let your son get in some practice first, either that or let him use it with lipos but just turn it down a bit  :thumbsup:

the hpi e firestorm has a tamiya female connector i take it you mean cut it off and put on a female deans

When you do get around to changing the connectors make sure that when you cut the existing connector off you cut the wires one at a time, you don't want to short out the battery or you'll get a very nasty surprise. Sorry if you already knew this but better safe than sorry.