• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Looking for an SJ4000

smeghead28

I am looking for a couple to go onto my Losi 8ight.

I know they are very prolific on ebay/Amazon etc but I am also aware there are a lot of fakes of these around.

Where have people got theirs from?

Looking for a reliable UK seller rather than just doing a search on Google that comes back with results in the 10,000s+ :)

Thanks.

i was recently in this quandry. get the cheaper sj4000 or go for the mor expensive go pro. I read review after review. and there are differences. the light transition is better on go pro. there are more options on some models then others. i decided this way.  If want a decent rc cam then sj4000 is the one to for. IF you want a proven top quality cam then go pro is to go for. warranty, quality. backup. updates.

If you have ever bought  cheaper rc parts whether it be esc's motors and then they just break for no reason. then you have to go and buy again. I have been bitten like this before and it aint nice. False economy once bitten twice shy or whatever.  I personally prefer some back up or warranty for my products.

It depends what you want out of it too. some hobby footage for forum and such like or some thing getting more professional.

I opt'd for a second hand go pro with all the gubbings and top memory card for not much more then a sj4000

Banggood got them in and reduced price in the uk warehouse to. 

as for cameras, even strapping a twenty cents camera to an rc is not ideal

its twenty cents still down the pan.

Gopro and the likes, these have more electronics so more easy to damage.

those cases yeah do a great job keeping the gopro or like camera in one whole piece BUT 

Inside you have a Cmos sensor, under a microscope it has very fine hair thin gold wire strands

linking it to the external carrier. if one of those breaks camera is knackered.

electronics these to can be damage from vibration, if you rattle it at a certain frequency

the silicon will fracture. so your camera is alot more easy to damage than you really think.

just dropping it could fry it.

Now mounting to your rc is ok, you can use a deshaker algorythm to take away the rolling shutter

add some crafty bluring to remove timestamps, but for the very BEST quality that camera needs to stay still

you will notice a scene recorded from tripod has a more defined color / hue contrast, its dont flicker as much

but the camera moving around causes some lack in clearness. this is the sensor inside. 

quadpilots overcome this somewhat by mounting the camera like a pendulum on a motorized mount 

the computer adjust the camera to compensate for movement and you get that floating travel feeling to the scene.

For a car/truck its going to be somewhat hard unless you gimble up the system, BUT simple mounting and dampening will help.

Moon Gel ........... 

this stuff was invented by nasa and likes, its most famed for damping drum sets by the pros and costs a fortune.

this same stuff works wonders on vibration dampening for cameras those low-medium-high frequency vibrations are cut in half -three quaters.

the best place to look for this stuff is your kids windows, yeah you know them window stickers they get in kits.

like a jelly sheet, you take out the shapes and slap them on the window. Its moon gel just a cheap version colored for windows.

but does the same job as real moon gel. 

so if your struggling with floppy rolling camera shutter video try some windows sticker stuff, it works wonders 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

so any one got any update as to what they bought???Want a waterproof cam for me on me motor bike mainly. .to many idiots on roads making my job dangerous. ..did look at the sj4000 but there's loads of fakes. .also looked at the atk range from scientific oragen...the 5 an 9...

Edited by evssv