• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Electric driver set?

JustBashIt

EDS hex bits and a macallister power driver has served me very well for a number of years.

It is very useful but as above I also hand tighten a lot, even beadlock screws. You can feel it pinch up, makes a lot of difference at times and saves headaches.

Dewalt 10.8v (what I have for RC) good light weight. Battery last well

Makita 10.8

Milwaukee 12v (my pick) have their 18v stuff for work.

Bosh. Dont like their small stuff much. But their 18v stuff is good and their mains stuff is great

Second the makita stuff, use it day in day out at work and its fantastic.  :thumbsup:

DDM bits (you get a couple of suitable handles so can use it to crank down if you have to)

And for a driver in the field I use my Bosch IXO and for home I use so 10.4v grey and black thing from B&Q. Its got a 'P' logo on it but I can't remember the name. Has torque settings which are bang on. I use it on 2 for plastics and 3 for anything metal

Not a big fan of the new makita 18v stuff. Seen too many fail. Hence why I tried milwaukee

Pretty much all of us use theyre 18v stuff at work on the sites and touch wood not heard of any failures so far. Did have a look at the milwaukee stuff myself but ended up going with makita, heard good things about milwaukee though.  :thumbsup:

I never used a driver or drill before but I got a Savage and that has lots of + head screws. I don't have a driver so used 18v DeWalt I have and worked fine. Dismantled the Savage in no time. Will see what it's like reassembling it to find the right torque setting.