• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shadow stock or expected 17th...the plot thickens.

4x4Nitro

Been left with ordering a hyper 7 for a mate for his boys xmas(leaves it to this time then ive to p*ss about finding one in time, anywhoooo...).

Modelsport has them listed as out of stock and expected the 17th.  Wheelspin has them down as shadow stock(at their secondary warehouse and will take longer to dispatch).

What one do it gamble on, did I read somewhere that wheelspin can be a bit out on their stock levels(or at least on their website)?

Cheers.

Edited by 4x4Nitro

Shadow stock means stored at a warehouse mate. So when shadow is orderd its shipped to the ws shop then shipped to the buyer.

A week is normal for shadow stock. Ms equivalent on order with supplier can take 6 months and still not have an email i called for a refund but its still not in stock now 2yrs on.

Ther both great stores tho if either one shut down it would hurt us all.

The warehouse they refer to usually means the suppliers, not theirs.

Where Wheelspin say shadow stock, it means that they reckon CML Distribution have some in, and if you order one, they will add it to the next order they place with CML. That's when they will actually check, and if it turns out CML are waiting on a shipment from the far east...then you will have to wait too.

Might be worth contacting CML to check if they have stock before you place an order anywhere:

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/about.php

If they DO have them, then it's a pretty safe bet Modelsport will have some in on the 17th, as that...presumably...is when they are getting an order from that supplier.

Otherwise you will be hunting around for somewhere with stock...but wherever you choose to buy...get some confirmation that they do have some on the shelf before you commit funds. I've raised PayPal disputes before where I had written confirmation ( via e-mail) that a supplier had stock.....and then they 'found out' they didn't after I had paid. Usually means they are drop shippers with no funds to buy stock until you pay them......

Ooooook...change of plan.  When my mate was down the other day looking at/deciding between the hyper 7 or trophy he noticed the hyper ss.  As there my be an issue with stock/delivery for xmas he's now said to order an ss for him(listed as in stock on MS).  Im assuming these will be a step up from the 7 and the .21 is the one to get?

have you tried the model basement in kiverton south Yorkshire, they had a hyper 7 on there shelf last time I was in there, good shop and good customer service, check there web site out, see what they got in,           

I once ordered a Proline Bulldog bodyshell from MS which said was on order with supplier.....3 months later and I finally got my bodyshell.

The SS is a great buggy, the only downside is the lack of spares as it is not as common as the Hyper 7.