• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 Driveshaft / differential output interface question

optimus

Merry Friday people.

I bought some UJ's for my hyper 7, they look different to the other ones I've seen but seemed to be constructed better. I've finally got around to fitting them and they seem to be shorter than the originals even though they don't seem to be when placed side by side. Now they don't go into the cup of the diff output as far as the standard dogbones or UJ's. They fit fine in every other way. Would you use the car with the way these fit in the cups?

DEF8365C-C4F6-4C00-BF04-FF0CECC6D281.jpg

Any info/advice would be helpful.

Cheers.

Is that pic with the hyper sat on it's springs or you holding the body up?  Can't help with the cvd's but it's close as to whether I'd use em, depending on <<.  If that's with the arms in the furthest position and thus the dogbone end at the end of it's travel in the cup you might get away with it.  If it comes out at speed i'd think at best it's prob game over cvd.....

Is that pic with the hyper sat on it's springs or you holding the body up? Can't help with the cvd's but it's close as to whether I'd use em, depending on <<. If that's with the arms in the furthest position and thus the dogbone end at the end of it's travel in the cup you might get away with it. If it comes out at speed i'd think at best it's prob game over cvd.....

The car was resting on my lap but I was lifting most of its weight buy its spoiler. Tbh the position didn't change much at all when it was rested on its own weight so I decided to remove them. I was wondering if maybe they where from a PBS hyper...if so at least I could sell them using the correct description otherwise I'll just have to keep them.