• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi baja transmitter

Darwrt1969

yes and no

yes you can use it on the hpi baja but there is a draw back to it

the hpi tx doesn't have model memory, so if you put it in the baja you would have to set  it up for the baja, when it came to using your firestorm you would have to take it out of the baja, and set it back up for the firestorm, in other words, its a pain in a backside compared to other options.

for example if you got a new radio made by spektrum, futaba or even a cheap flysky, they have model memory, you can have 2 receivers, one in a baja, the other in the firestorm.

the upside to this is that you can use the settings like you would a save file on a console game, like on a game that has 2 endings to it, you can have 2 save files where you can do different things on each without messing up the other, or having to start again.

same with model memory, you can have 2 different settings independent of each other, one for the baja, one for the firestorm, when you feel like running a different car all you have to do is change which file you are using on your transmitter.

some radios come with 10model memory (about the min standard), in short, you can use that one transmitter to control upto 10 different models, assuming you have 10 models, and have a receiver for each one. some such as the spektrum dx4s i use can hold upto 40 models in its memory, i personaly only have 5 cars but even if i got 35 more i will only have a single transmitter, assuming it got receivers for all of the cars.

• 2 weeks later...