• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper mishaps...

evssv

took the hyper out last Friday night and Sunday afternoon for sum bash fun...Friday night was car park fun...and Sunday was the tumps bmx track at Filton. ...here's sum damage incured from said basing...bent towers and almost snapped off one of the fr tower mounts but super glued it back on before I fitted the pro towers...should b held in better by the ally ones.....dead tyre..and smashed a rear hub which I thk also mashed my esc switch. .but got sum on there way...

20141125_151720_zpsuolxmq3f.jpg

20141125_151706_zpspfkqitdn.jpg

20141121_230639_zpswjifo5n8.jpg

20141121_230706_zpsrgnkhnge.jpg

Edited by evssv

Looks like you had fun. :)

The standard towers are made of cheese...as you see...you could bend that back to shape in your hands (just to show how squidgy it is).

You know that the TQ2 uses screws and nuts for the hinge pins? I do not know that they are stronger but they are easier to work with than the E clip...

Part numbers here- http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/HBM7-TQ2-B/files/Hyper%207%20TQ2%20Instruction%20Manual.pdf

I bought a couple of sets of arms from Marderboy (I think) sometime ago and they came with all the screws and nuts too.

Oh and yes PhotoBucket is very handy...did go through a bad spell back along but seems to be back to what it was now.

Edited by Anthoop

Looks like you had fun. :)

The standard towers are made of cheese...as you see...you could bend that back to shape in your hands (just to show how squidgy it is).

You know that the TQ2 uses screws and nuts for the hinge pins? I do not know that they are stronger but they are easier to work with than the E clip...

Part numbers here- http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/HBM7-TQ2-B/files/Hyper%207%20TQ2%20Instruction%20Manual.pdf

I bought a couple of sets of arms from Marderboy (I think) sometime ago and they came with all the screws and nuts too.

Oh and yes PhotoBucket is very handy...did go through a bad spell back along but seems to be back to what it was now.

yeah I got the bolt nuts done on the hinge pins.(.i did bend both back ones but bent em bak at the track. ..Each was pointing a different direction ..lol!!)....done them a while bak...and I use Marder boy for me bits also. ..very cheap brand new bits....give him a list and he comes up with a good price. ...sweet!! Edited by evssv

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I bought a Hyper 7 .21 Buggy. It was delivered today, Fantastic looking piece of kit. Went to break it in. Started up fairly easily! but it was downhill from there. I can not get the Engine to idle to save my life. Runs until i take the glow plug out. Looked at some troubleshooting tips. Reset all the supposed 'factory settings' still nothing. I am using model technics 'model sport 25' glow fuel. I am fresh out of ideas to get this thing to tick over. Any Ideas? Ive been playing around with the carb which has made it slightly better but it is still stalling....help

Got It to idle now! now having problems with stalling when opening the throttle. I played with the carb by finding the correct settings online, setting them myself, then adjusting them ever so slightly, either way, to try get it to stay running

Hey guys! Looks like you had fun mate!

Iv not gone up against a hyper 7... Does anyone know how they compare to hpi vorza's?

Here is a little clip of a bashing session mostly at a bmx park we had with a couple of vorza' and an RB1. Was takin it a little East on the jumps but would appreciate you guys checkin it out an commenting or even subscribing.

Not sure what area you guys are in but if any of you are around the Midlands we regularly arrange meets... Have a look at our latest vids in the quarry we had about 10 cars! Was brilliant fun!

http://youtu.be/wKIes3-nSeg

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hey guys! Looks like you had fun mate!

Iv not gone up against a hyper 7... Does anyone know how they compare to hpi vorza's?

Here is a little clip of a bashing session mostly at a bmx park we had with a couple of vorza' and an RB1. Was takin it a little East on the jumps but would appreciate you guys checkin it out an commenting or even subscribing.

Not sure what area you guys are in but if any of you are around the Midlands we regularly arrange meets... Have a look at our latest vids in the quarry we had about 10 cars! Was brilliant fun!

http://youtu.be/wKIes3-nSeg

Thanks

What an awesome bash spot! Your very lucky :)

Great vid too.

Haha thanks guys!

We were down at frankley race track yeaterday... 1st time on a proper track and damn it's hard to control on a proper track! Need some practice!

Going back to that bmx track this afternoon for abit of fun while the rain is holding off!

We have found a few pretty decent spots to bash around birmingham.. Have a look at our quarry bash vid.. Pretty cool place!

http://youtu.be/WsLI6gNb0HE

And one of the vids at the skate park! But yep there's always a repair bill at the end of it!

It's dirty too that's why everything keeps breaking

Yep...you know it!  :xd:

I see a potential tester for some manufacturer...but who would take them on? Everything is going to break if you try hard enough....and looking at the front arms and front bumper (post#16) there have been a "few" frontal impacts into hard stuff!  :sweatdrop:

Let us all be thankful that H7 spares are cheap and plentiful....no matter what you break. :)

Yep...you know it! :xd:

I see a potential tester for some manufacturer...but who would take them on? Everything is going to break if you try hard enough....and looking at the front arms and front bumper (post#16) there have been a "few" frontal impacts into hard stuff! :sweatdrop:

Let us all be thankful that H7 spares are cheap and plentiful....no matter what you break. :)

hell yeah.....lol...it did have t bones...1st post they were still intact. .... but they snapped......so gonna stick sum hyper st ones on it for now Edited by evssv

Hyper 7e/stationary 1:1 car wheel interaction :)3109DF4F-6992-4DE7-8644-832573262DA2.jpg

....lol.....I did same thing once but hit the rear wheel of me motor bike. .I ripped the head of me hyper clean in half.......is ur shell cracked or jus the paint?? Edited by evssv