• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What pitch or mod is a Himoto 1/10 truck pinion gear?

jonny.k

As title says i'm trying to find out what Pitch or mod a Himoto 1/10 off road truck pinion gear is, so i can order a new one.

I've been told they're the same as the HPI Strada, but i've seen  both a 0.8 mod and a 48dp pinion for a Strada. 

The Strada have a 0.8 / 32dp pinion... which is probably what you need.  MOD 0.8 and 32dp are the same pitch with a slightly different gear profile but they seem to work fine mixed.  The Maverick ones are pretty cheap too.

Some of the HSP steel spur gears are MOD 0.6 (which is close to but not 48dp).

Just to complicate matters I though mine we're 0.8dp, although I can't put my hands on the manual atm.

I thought that MT had a parts manual with it Jonny?  Not the paper 'general rc' rubbish but one with exploded view and parts listings.  When I'm home I'll dig mine out - pretty sure it covered all the iterations of the same chassis - MT/ buggy / sc.

Main gear part numbers are 11188 for plastic, and 11184 for the brushless (i think).

Edited by capri-boy

Well,, I now know they're not 0.8,,,Just received one i ordered and the teeth are way bigger and wider.. :samui:

Online manual here:

http://www.himotoracing.com/parts.php?select=HI4170&code=

For mine says 0.6dp - and it's the same gear in the MT- if you follow the part number its the same as my post above.  If the mavericks are .8 that's a change worth knowing because, so far, every bit I've used has been interchangeable.  The fitting looks identical so if you change to a 0.8 pinion your good with that gear.

Then to further confooze things it seems some mavericks have 0.6 mod gears:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maverick-Spur-Gear-64T-0-6-Module-MV22133-/281496702538?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item418a82ce4a

Looking at Modelsport:

The Maverick range changed from Strada to Strada EVO - the Strada has 0.6 mod gears, the EVO 0.8  

Strada only :

Strada & Strada Evo (except where parts are on page above)

Most parts look the same, only other obv change is the evo's chassis is more bathtub rather than flat - there poss interchangeable as the diff carriers, arms etc are the same.
Edited by capri-boy

I think these are 0.6, after doing a little research i too found the Maverick used 0.8 and 0.6.. Oh and it wasn't me who stripped the gears,, It was my son.!!! That little s--t took the truck out without me,, And after i'd just fitted a 3s lipo to see what it could take.. :wheelchair:

I think these are 0.6, after doing a little research i too found the Maverick used 0.8 and 0.6.. Oh and it wasn't me who stripped the gears,, It was my son.!!! That little s--t took the truck out without me,, And after i'd just fitted a 3s lipo to see what it could take.. :wheelchair:

I've ran 2s in mine, it goes very well - I did expect to strip a few spurs as there's no slipper or centre diff - but so far so good.  I went through my spares (ordered a load in when i got the truck) but don't have any spurs - odd as I'm sure I ordered some.

What's it like on 3S... wheely city i'd imagine.