• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Digging out a basement with the exclusive use of RC

Pistonhead

Check this link out. This chap has dug out a basement without touching a shovel, and he's done it purely because he can! He doesn't even have plans for the extra space once it's finished.

http://uniladmag.com/video/guy-spends-9-years-digging-out-basement-with-remote-controlled-diggers/

• Like 1

that guy really needs to get a life.

Why? Because he has a hobby? I'm pretty sure you're on these forums because you've got an R/C hobby, so why is this guy any different?

Sure, it's pretty extreme, but why be so judgemental?

• Like 1

He spent 10 years digger out a basement with toy diggers need I say more?

I do admirer him sticking at it for 10 years, it must have been very tedious.

Edited by alex97

The other way to look at it is that he's into RC construction vehicles and has been 'bashing' in his basement for the last 9 years!

This^

He probably thinks thrashing a car up and down a road/field is boring and a waste of time....If I could get out and bash my cars at my local spot every day for 9 years then I would.so fair play to him if you ask me.

• Like 1

I saw this a while ago, that guy really needs to get a life.

If the guy has fun so what, i hate when people judge when they don't even know the person or situation. Besides what would a teenager know about life yet!

If the guy has fun so what, i hate when people judge when they don't even know the person or situation. Besides what would a teenager know about life yet!

You just contradicted yourself by judging me by my age lol.

I'm am not saying that what he is doing is wrong/bad I just said what I thought about what it.

Edited by alex97

Those proper hydraulic diggers cost over two grand, RCSparks has one, not cheap!

I'd like to own one, but as with a tank, if I can't ramp it, I can't justify that kind of coin!

As for the "9 years bashing every day" comment, hell yeah! I'd love to be out every day with my rigs, that's a ground-hog day I'd welcome!

You just contradicted yourself by judging me by my age lol.

I'm am not saying that what he is doing is wrong/bad I just said what I thought about what it.

I judged you on what you said. You said the guy needs to get a life, and i think that is unfair because you don't know him or his life. But its true a teenager knows very little about real life yet. When you're older and have a job, house with mortgage, wife, kids etc, gained some life experience and you actually know the individual, then maybe you can tell them to get a life!

• Like 2

I judged you on what you said. You said the guy needs to get a life, and i think that is unfair because you don't know him or his life. But its true a teenager knows very little about real life yet. When you're older and have a job, house with mortgage, wife, kids etc, gained some life experience and you actually know the individual, then maybe you can tell them to get a life!

I judged him on his actions and most people (non rc) would say the same as me. I do enjoy RC but with everything I think some people take things a little bit to far but that's just my option.

Edited by alex97

I judged him on his actions and most people (non rc) would say the same as me. I do enjoy RC but with everything I think some people take things a little bit to far but that's just my option.

Its because we are RC people, we should understand! Like i said before we don't know him or his situation, if he wants to use his love of RC for this for the last 9 years, thats fine. Who knows, maybe he has had a tragedy 9 years ago and has done this ever since to deal with it. People do weird things!

• Like 1