• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Engine choices for 1/8 Buggy (Mugen MBX6r)

HYPER-BOY

Looking for an engine and pipe combo to put in the buggy (when I build it).

Not looking at breaking the bank so have seen 2 combo's I'd like (unless you know better)

Alpha A830 Dragon .21 3 port with 2090 pipe

or

Novarossi S21P5XLT with 2096 pipe

Any ideas which one? or something else?

Like I said I don't want to break the bank on this so these are to a set budget :)

I run a fastrax enduro in my mbx6r I paid 130 for engine and pipe combo easy to tune, starts no problem and is plenty quick enough for club style racing.

I race mine at herts nitro in Hertfordshire, there is quite a few of us running them and not heard of any problems.

Mine was to get me started as first nitro I've owned and while I have no issues spending 300-400 quid on a engine I thought I'll get a budget one first to test the water and no hard feelings if it only lasts 2 gallons of fuel.

So far I've put about 3 gallons thru it so far still very strong and tempted to buy another one to put in an mbx7r for summer!

I run a fastrax enduro in my mbx6r I paid 130 for engine and pipe combo easy to tune, starts no problem and is plenty quick enough for club style racing.

I race mine at herts nitro in Hertfordshire, there is quite a few of us running them and not heard of any problems.

Mine was to get me started as first nitro I've owned and while I have no issues spending 300-400 quid on a engine I thought I'll get a budget one first to test the water and no hard feelings if it only lasts 2 gallons of fuel.

So far I've put about 3 gallons thru it so far still very strong and tempted to buy another one to put in an mbx7r for summer!

Thanks mate!  I will have a look at them now. :)