• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carson p190 HELP

Dannymitchell506

I have a Carlson p190 1/8 on road which has broke something to do with the diff/gears. I've been looking for bloody months and can't seem to find the part I need because to be honest I don't know what I'm looking at with nitro cars. I've emailed and rang shops and people but no one seems to hold parts or have any clue about them , will someone help me please

I have a Carlson p190 1/8 on road which has broke something to do with the diff/gears. I've been looking for bloody months and can't seem to find the part I need because to be honest I don't know what I'm looking at with nitro cars. I've emailed and rang shops and people but no one seems to hold parts or have any clue about them , will someone help me please

Is there a manual for your car...do you now the part number of the parts you need?

I don't know the part number because I don't know what the part is that's broken

Well it will be very hard for me to guess at which parts you will need....if you could investigate the problem and find the fault then we will be able to fix it...

I had one of these new many moons ago under the Gv brand even the shop who sold them new couldn't get the parts in so he broke the last few he had for spares to keep the odd customer happy then sacked the supplier off. Your best bet for spares would be waiting for a second hand one to pop up on eBay but that could be a long wait. Could you not just lock the diff internals with metal or hot glue if that's your issue . Or sell yours off for spares & buy a better branded car second hand .

Worth a shot locking it drift it till it goes pop lol. I do have some old carson spares new in pack but I'm sure there for the 1/8th large scale version they did with the 17mm wheel hex an it's only shafts / crown wheel kits etc no internal diffs I'm sure . I do have a full roller to but again it's the larger scale car that has same issue but centre diff . Carson used cheap plastic so they never lasted .

Edited by Trans4Mation

Put one up of the car bud I'm sure it's the smaller one you have they classed as 1/8 but true scale is 1/10. If that's the case the engine etc will be to small to fit hyper etc . Pull the diff apart you may be able to re file the teeth if they are worn or re shim them to get them closer . We can advise you better then on getting it fixed or best route to take. Just give the car a good once over. Check the cogs on engine clutch bell an the other two they run on make sure there ok ie no missing or chipped teeth .

Edited by Trans4Mation

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forum/95-guides-tutorials/ There's a post in there that shows you how to post up pics. It could be many things crown wheel & pinion not shimmed an caused them to ware out an loose drive or could be clutch not letting it drive or even a grub screw fell out the drive cup on centre shaft to diff output ,But I'm sure we can guide you lol. We all started somewhere so don't worry. Where are you based ?