• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savox SW0231 Waterproof Mg Servo problems

NITO

Hi all,

I bought a pair of these SW0231 metal gear waterproof Savox servos for my two boy's dual hunters as I was tired of replacing the Acoms servos which weren't man enough for the steering set up on the Tamiya dual hunter (stripping gears)

Both cars run the same Acoms 2.4g rx/tx setup. The first one I fitted no issues yet. On the second car, the servo would not power up unless I turned on the receiver, then unplugged the servo wire and pushed back in with receiver already on. However flicking the receiver off and on it wouldn't power up again, unless I once again pull the wire out and back in with receiver already powered. So I sent the servo back, thanks to Modelsport no quibbles. However connecting up the replacement tonight, same again. The futaba and acoms servo's work perfectly. The other Savox works fine too. Anyone else had problems with these?

I thought Savox were meant to be one of the best names in servos but I'm really starting to doubt their Quality control at the moment. I'm a little annoyed after tearing the truck down twice now for the same thing to happen. Will have to ring Modelsport in the morning, might see if they'll swap this for something else. Any experiences with Spektrum servos?

It's a shame Modelsport don't offer Futaba servos, and what happened to the fantastic Acoms 2.4g sticks radio gear, it's criminal that its no longer available! Will have to go Spektrum 5ch next I think.

Cheers

Nito

Yeah defo sounds like a problem with the receiver rather than the servo as it is very strange for two out of three servos to have an identical problem.

I have a Spektrum S6100 in my Hyper ST and it is working brilliant up to press, the only reason I bought it was because it was hardly used and a good price, I would not pay the prices that new high spec servos command, I have been using a Hobbyking 20kg servo in my cars for about a year now which cost me less than a tenner and it is still working perfectly in my Emaxx.

Thanks chaps,

Guess what? It was indeed the receiver. Mine are all waterproofed so it takes ages to strip them all out or even just get to the wiring. I tried the servo on my drift car which I dug out the garage this morning and it worked perfectly. So out came the receiver on the dual hunter, fortunately I had a spare. Strange that all my other servos work on it, I guess the Savox has different power requirements.

So profuse apologies to Savox, I look forward to seeing how well they fair. I've always liked Futabas myself but for the money