• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noob buyer and my TREX 450 : What would you do?

Guys

I'd appreciate your views on this. I have my TREX 450 heli going on Ebay, selling as a bind and fly. There's a guy who has messaged several times asking real noob questions about the heli, and the answers to his questions (like what is needed to complete the setup) are on my listing. I have politely answered his questions to date, and stressed that some expertise is needed to set up a CP heli and a 6 channel transmitter. He's asked about collection details for the item, but then has also now asked what a Deans Connector is. His spelling isn't great and he doesn't inspire confidence that he will be able to get the thing up and going.

The problem is I don't want to sell to him, and then find he gets completely stuck trying to set up complex hardware that he doesn't understand, and then wants to return it. I got so worried at one point I though about adding him to my blocked bidders list.

What would you do?

Edited by ninjagaiden

i was in the same boat last week  when selling my quadcopter.  i didn't take the persons offer for 2 reasons  1 he would of destroyed it and wanted a refund  2 i didn't want to be part responsible if he hurt someone with it.  

• Like 1

Try to sell the 450 on specialized hobby forums with heli sections, not on ebay. Bonus no ridiculous ebay fees and buyers that destroy it than get a refund and you get a broken heli back.

Also make it very clear once it's in the air, no refunds. Even new helis have only doa warranty, the second it has been spooled up, goodbye.

Best would be to sell with buyer picking it up, to show him it's working.

A noob with no cp flying experience will destroy it in a matter of seconds and then yell defective defective

Talking of buying off ebay I have sent money for a trex 450 and it has not been sent, opened a request as no answers to my email either, it looks like a genuine seller and I have tracked them down on facebook so we shall see what ebay do about it

Si