• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newby help (radient reaktor combo )

stejeyuk

Hello all, I have just got my first buggy which is an ecx boost which has a radient reaktor combo fitted. At the moment it has little or no breaking and is difficult to stop in a hurry. I bought it second hand and wondered if there is any programming that can be changed on the esc. I have looked at the destructions for the reaktor and being a bit daft, can't see any settings for braking.

Is there anyone out there with slightly more intelligence than me that could advise me about reaktor settings!

Thanks in advance

steve

By the way, I am a 42 year old child who has caught the bug, I've just bought my 10 yr old daughter a cheap 4wd buggy (ftx vantage ) and she has proved to be mental at the controls. Such fun ;-).

I had that combo. It came in a truggy that I bought brand new so it was all set up already. Thing is, I don't know if it comes with your car or if the previous owner bought it to replace a previous setup. Even if it did come brand new the owner could have set it up to their preference. It can be programmed but you need to do it with the little button that is next to the power switch which is a pain. I just can't remember how to do it lol.

Simplest thing first: Try putting the car on something that will get its wheels off the floor (a brick perhaps?) and try messing with the throttle trim on your transmitter. It could be biased forwards and this could result in poor braking...

Not sure if you've figured this out yet already, but I don't think the RR combo has adjustable brake.  My mate has this combo in his ECX Ruckus and my father has it in his ECX Torment, and while there are different ESC running modes (nimh / lipo etc), that is about the limit of adjustments.

Instruction manual here: http://radientrc.com/Reaktor/Reaktor_Combo_Manual.pdf

• Like 1

Forgot about this. I looked it up at the time too and found that indeed the only adjustability on it is switching the LVC mode between the battery types or off...

I still think the trims need to be messed with...

• Like 1