• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First hobby grade ish RC car for 4 years old boy :)

rytis

Hi, l decided to buy my son an electric off road RC car. I know that maybe it's a bit too early but that is the reason why it must be as cheap as possible. I am thinking off spending up to 100 pounds and it must be RTR. It doesn't have to be fast because l think any hobby grade car will be faster than most toy cars. The cheaper and easier to fix the better.

Any advice is very welcome...

l was thinking of FTX siege or maybe tamiya lunch box. If it is RTR it must have wheel tipe radio not stick one because my son had and still owns a few toy cars and the one which had wheel type radio was his favorite until it broke. It looked like it was easier for him to control it as well. It is going to be a present for Christmas so if you know any abroad shops where l could buy cheaper and better, a link with address would be good because we still have a few weeks before the day comes.

thanks....

rytis :)

Ive been looking too mate mainly at the 1/18 size cars tho but started to look at the tamiya Madbull too. Abs shell type would be cool because painting a trick kiddy shell would be much easier. 

But the hpi mini recon is top of the list so far with its little radio set that looks like it was made for kids and the recon having an ok following plus being

I sold my mate a hpi wheelyking for his 2 girls. .. They love it...not too fast. ..go over pretty much most things. ...and if they hit a curb flat out..it would jus roll over. ..no damage. ...but it's not in ur price range new..I picked mine up from eBay...tidy Rtr for 65quid delivered...

Edited by evssv