• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

NDOR (Notts and Derby off road club)

neil.b

Hi, does anyone here go to NDOR?  I recently started going over there on a weekend and I have to say its fantastic. Very friendly bunch of lads and its a great track. You don't need BRCA/Club membership to race/practice here and its super easy to get to (5 minutes from Jct 26 M1).

The track is open every Saturday and Sunday for practice (Weather permitting) and also has a race meeting every third Sunday of the month. Just turn up, pay your money and have some fun. Everyone is welcome, from novice drivers who have never raced before right up to the crusty old veterans. :P:D

Any 8th scale or below class of vehicles are welcome and there are Excellent facilities on hand including a cafe, toilets, compressor and engine heater, plus mains power for all your chargers. :D

This is a quick video of me doing a (bad:D) lap on Sunday. It was rather wet but still great fun.

Edit:

Just wanted to add this excellent video of the track taken by Chris the race controller with his DJI inspire 1. :D

Hopefully see some of you there this weekend. :)

Edited by neil.b

That's a bad lap?

I keep meaning to get down,  being as it's only 10mins away I really should find the time.  I've not raced for 20yrs though, and only then indoors.  Will have a new combo in the Hyper soon though so would be shame not to see if it can keep up with it's old owners new ride :)

Has he got a car he can run?

Not off road until Santa has been, there's no way if I get down though he's coming first time!  He still getting to grips with reversed steering when driving towards himself - generally ok with 8's but a track..... not yet!

I suppose I should check mine for tomorrow. Can't really be arsed to take the radio box out though. :/

Just been all over mine. All seems good, receiver wasn't working but dried it out and it seems ok. Put my new one in just incase though as its 'waterproof'

Was a really good day, even with my car problems. Metal sealed bearings are a definite no go for running in these conditions. :/

Rear diff was crunching/grinding because of the fact it was full of sand/sludge which had passed through the poorly sealed bearings. Also explains why the car was so tail happy as the rear end was dragging so badly off throttle.