• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dingo Kit SCX10.

Matt Walsh

• 4 weeks later...

And everything ok with the kit any pic ? I want to know cos I bought today one and I really want to have it ahhahaha

My first ever kit was the dingo and it was a great experience from start to finish. Being the kit it comes with the aluminium  lower links and fantastic r35 compound tyres so its extremely capable on the rocks straight away so you'll love it!

Here is a picture from years two years ago when we had snow.

rF28V8Ml.jpg

Edited by Andyking

I'll maintain it till I'm blue in the face,

There is no better stock kit scaler out there when you consider, price/capability/toughness/spares and hop-up availability, plus it's a base for endless possibilities.....

Biggest restraint is the wallet.......:thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'll maintain it till I'm blue in the face,

There is no better stock kit scaler out there when you consider, price/capability/toughness/spares and hop-up availability, plus it's a base for endless possibilities.....

Biggest restraint is the wallet....... :thumbsup:

Hear hear  :thumbsup:

I'm on the look out for another SCX10 roller as a project and keep my current out as a runner.

I don't know you guys but for me the thing with cars is that I realise that I have an obsession...

Since start seriously with cars around 5 month ago... I come from helicopters... I don't know how I did but now I have 9 model... There are someones that neither I used once.... And now I move from the "normal cars" like savage xs, mini 8ight xxx sct etc etc to the crawler and I can't wait to see my scx10 arrive ... Is gonna be my first crawler and the pity is that I read your post and I'm full of speciation and now I saw the shipping company myhermes and they has a fire so all the shipping will be delay two days so I don't known what I'm gonna do this weekend... Ahhahaha

Well while I wait one of the thing because I'm looking crawler is because the gearbox and my intention buy a two speed gearbox but I think there are a little expensive and the other thing is if anyone know if is possible fit a in the sxc10 the Tamiya gearbox 3 speed???

To sum up if anyone know about a cheap gearbox with two or more speed for this model let me know... And as I'm asking for and advice about the gearbox why not also ask if someone know about someone that has a Tamiya high lift that they want to sell it!?? It Christmas time!!!!

2/3 speed gearboxes are ok but not that practical to be honest, using the stock scx10 box, with a decent 35t motor and 2s lipo will give good low down crawling ability and good wheel speed when needed, it's far less to go wrong in your driveline and the scx10 box is tough anyway.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry forgot to update my post. The kit turned up. Spent a couple of nights putting it together (instructions really vague). Wasn't keen on the dingo shell so ordered a D90 shell from China and also a centre mounted diff. Then I had another plan, I bought a alloy chassis which as we speak is sat in the sorting office waiting to be picked up tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...