• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norco's Losi 8ight 3.0E

As a few may have noticed i have sold off my D8T as a roller, there were a couple of reasons, 1 wasn't entirely happy with how it ran on 5s really it needed a different motor/gearing and 2. i purchased a losi 8ight 3.0 kit at the start of last month and I am far more concerned with getting this built up and rtr and the servo and rx from the D8T will be very useful i have been slowly gathering parts for this build and i now have pretty much everything i need. I have now been collecting parts for over a month and now everything has been ordered aside from the external bec and batteries the spec is as follows

Losi 8ight 3.0

Losi conversion kit

Castle mamba monster max 2

Castle 2200kv motor

Castle external bec

Savox 1267

Losi alloy servo saver

Losi alloy rear hubs

Losi mudguards

Losi +2mm hubs

losi alloy stub axles

KHZ front chassis brace

KHZ rear chassis brace

KHZ top plate

KHZ long ackerman plate

PSM shock towers

Dairymilk shock socks

Fastrax alloy servo horn

TBR rear bumper

TBF front bumper

DE racing wheels

Proline blockade, diamondback and knuckle tyres

Proline bulldog shell

American made 'alternative' shell

this will be run on 4S only. i know that some suggest the 2650 motor for 4S or even a tekin system but the castle was

Edited by norcoforever
  • Like 2

Looking like a new awesome build coming up :thumbsup:

I'm sorry I missed that truggy :(

tapatalk

tbh although it looked great it never ran perfectly tbh. i made a number of mistake, first and foremost i didn't stick with my original plan and swapped to the tekno kit which meant changing motors etc, it was a quick good handling truggy but not quite perfect. The losi has been a far more considered plan, i've researched the electronics, gearing, body shells etc to try and build the best all round racing/bashing buggy that i can. all the parts have been ordered so building shoulve commence in the next week or two. I know what my two shells will look like and hopefully it should turn out as a great build. the only big unforseen expense was the number of tools i've had to buy in terms of imperial nut and hex drivers and also the proper turnbuckle tool and shock tool

For the amount of money you have spent I don't understand why u just didn't get the Serpent E truggy.  Superior in so many ways, even to the losi.

Ah well, least you get to enjoy a new build.  :)

Edited by Deafty

For the amount of money you have spent I don't understand why u just didn't get the Serpent E truggy.  Superior in so many ways, even to the losi.

Ah well, least you get to enjoy a new build.  :)

because i originally wanted a buggy and a truggy but have since realised i get more enjoyment from buggies compared to truggies, plus the esc from the D8T will hopefully be powering a traxxas summit at somepoint in the future

Looking forward too tho one..

Make sure you drag the build out so I can savour all the 3.0 goodness!!!

And on the point of enjoying the build more than using....

BIG PLUS ONE ON THAT lol although I wont sell em hahaha

Edited by Mr Drifta
  • Like 1

I think you're a bit like me but I might be wrong, you like to build them more than you like to drive them.

I'm quite like that, after I make them the way I want and there's nothing more to do I get bored and sell them :)

tapatalk

Looking forward too tho one..

Make sure you drag the build out so I can savour all the 3.0 goodness!!!

And on the point of enjoying the build more than using....

BIG PLUS ONE ON THAT lol although I wont sell em hahaha

i will try and drag the build out lol, i've no plans to rush it at all tbh as i want it to be perfect, and i agree with both of you i much much prefer the building and the painting and just how the cars looks when they are first completed. i enjoy running them but building them is more satisfying imho

Looks like a good build, but I would never be happy with the nitro chassis knowing there is a proper E chassis that could be used instead, but maybe that's something you could look to change in the future??

the changes are minimal tbh mainly it uses a slightly narrower chassis if I could get one for decent money I would be tempted

i must say if you are potentially building my next buggy i dont like pink and green!

i can safely say this one will be staying, it's the first time i've had a set plan for a car that has actually worked lol plus there is quite a bit of money buried in it lol (the D8 was very cheap in comparison)

• Like 1

It's sits better and no movement and the on and off switch is on it as well, needs modding to fit but it's pretty good. Will see if I have a pic from my one.

the traxxas one also has a mount for the on off switch plus I like the fact it's a straight fit

The first pair of shells has been painted for the losi, decided to go quite subtle with both of them deciding what to do with the third and final shell (the stock one) may leave it see through tbh. i have decided to stick with the 1256 instead of swapping to a 1267 as the 1256 is more than enough i have also managed to source and order a set of the losi alloy stub axles which appear to be discontinued/hard to find

20141108_135230_zpsz9q8s6wu.jpg

20141108_135238_zpsalh0fpmb.jpg

20141108_135307_zpsjtm9sddn.jpg

20141108_141741_zpskgqsltmh.jpg

20141108_141744_zps3v43pzht.jpg

20141108_141752_zpskcz1v8rw.jpg

20141108_141757_zps9ovstmsy.jpg

20141108_141803_zps5bttlrsl.jpg

20141108_141829_zps8c2cdm3c.jpg

Edited by norcoforever

Oh no ! lol 

i know the pink one is rather bright, it's actually brighter in real life lmao but i tend to do dark shells and fancied something a bit different, the black one is actually lameflake so sparkles and i'm doing the nitro 3.0 shell in a metallic blue