• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Actual Power Stroke Shock Measurements?

migga

Trying to decide between a set of Pro-Spec rears (#6308-01) or Power Stroke rears (#6063-01) all round for bashing with my Halix MT.

I have the Pro-Spec measurements and know they will fit but need the compressed and extended (eye to eye) measurements for the Power Strokes.

I contacted Pro-Line and was told that the Power Strokes would be the same as the Pro-Specs (68.5mm-100mm), but all the research I've done say otherwise??

My concern is that the Power Strokes are more like only 75mm eye to eye compressed.

Does anyone have these Power Strokes or know for sure the eye to eye measurements compressed and extended?

Any recommendations or experience with these two different shocks would also be appreciated.

Strange that, cos Pro-Line tell me both shocks eye to eye 100mm extended??

If any LHS in my entire state had either of these shocks I'd measure the bloody things myself!

You wouldn't think it would be so hard now, would you!

The new Pro-Specs assembled are apparently shorter than the build yourself versions??

But what are the actual eye to eye lengths of the Power Stroke (REAR #6063-01) please anyone who knows for sure, not just what some website salesman has put in an add?

Edited by migga

the only real way is to have the technical drawings that had been laid out for the design and mouldings for a sure down to the decimal measurement. 

this is what i get from a webtrawl 

Length: 118mm (4.65")

Spring Diameter: 24.5mm (0.96")

shocks are marketed for the slash and slash 4x4 SC trucks. 

Have you had any luck with stan bridges in Perth, they done me well sourcing some discontinued stock for a rc bike.

maybe worth popping in with one of your shocks and measuring up to what they have shelf wise.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Got my 4.6 Trophy Truggy and heaps of bits and pieces from them over the years but they don't stock lots of the smaller stuff.

They're good for getting things you want in but that's nothing I can't do for less myself. Think I'll have to stick with Pro-Specs because I know they fit, unless anyone out there has the Power Stroke shocks and the answer.

Also interested in peoples thoughts of the two different shocks for bashing purposes.

I  know the Pro-Specs are 'Prolines' new top of the wozza shocks, but to me the Power Strokes look a bit more heavy duty. 

Edited by migga