• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Hobbyking 1:8 Rally car looks familiar

ninjagaiden

It's definitely from the same factory as the Team C / Absima / Ofna / Hobbytech branded ones, but then it has a wheelbase that is about 60mm shorter. With no centre diff that makes for great hooning potential on tarmac - the vid shows it spinning round inside its own wheelbase. The spares are all listed on the HK website but they are international orders. They even left the sway bars on from the GT8LE.

The fugly controller reminds me of that Nintendo fishing game controller.

The Hyper GT is surely more road car than rally, and tbh, may be a bit tame on 4s...?

with some rally tires and the rise height raised a bit it could be good with the right combo in it.

have u noticed they also sell the axial yeti on there site for a dirt cheap price rtr

Except when you factor in shipping, and the fact that you can no longer specify a reduced valuation for customs as a UK customer...

1/8 road rally is an rc ide like for wet carparks. thr hyper gt8 is top choice so far

But im abit scared of lipo and sick of building new then selling before running. So will wait until suitable lipo storage pref away from the house. i know my fear is 1-100 but hemistorms mate has put me off for the next few years i think.