• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

oodboo's coro coro collection

oodboo

Still early days for this collection but a while ago Tamiya brought out some models based around a comic and the coro coro dragon. I've decided I want these cars. The first in my collection is a thunder dragon, I had one of these as a kid and now I have another:

DSCF3809_zps9bc27602.jpg

DSCF3813_zpseeb8da8e.jpg

Next to be completed well either be a fire dragon or saint dragon as these are currently about 80% complete anyway, just a few more parts needed for each.

• Like 2

i'm glad to see a vintage section, and im glad to see a Thunder Dragon first up here. I so wanted one when i was a kid, i love all the old Tamiyas and now i think i am going to have to get a Terra Scorcher!

ooooh, i would love a thunder dragon but i have a thundershot and fire dragon.

looking great though and as noj said a small block of wood to keep the wheels just off the deck and your sorted...... :thumbsup:

I'm glad you like it. The thunder dragon was never the most popular car on that chassis and while the thundershot and Fire dragon were both re-released, I don't think this one was (I could be wrong on that though).

It's currently stored in a cupboard on a small plastic box to keep the wheels up while waiting for a new home to be prepared.

I thought the Saint dragon was going to a difficult one as the chassis rarely comes up for sale and last one I saw was about

As far as possible the collection will include the mini 4wd versions as well. I have this waiting for paint:

IMAG2125_zpsu4i4ihat.jpg

Also got a dash 2 that my son now plays with:

IMAG2126_zpshaoqgwwc.jpg

Tamiya did bring out some 1/10 dash bodies as hop ups but these are rare as hens teeth and sell for more than I'm willing to spend.

• 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Been a long time since I started this collection bit it hasn't been forgotten. Some reres will be helping. This super storm dragon being one of them.

PXL_20210203_142155114.thumb.jpg.4e6d87895cd53e1f1470624d40f6de4d.jpg

PXL_20210203_142207281.thumb.jpg.bd58b05c286fd1c56f973e709ce95507.jpg

PXL_20210203_142250906.thumb.jpg.ed7af9be6eb0db84c4a372214d612117.jpg

Got a fire dragon and new thunder dragon on pre order with modelsport and a saint dragon body on it's way from eBay to go on a madcap chassis that's been waiting patiently for too long.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2021 at 09:17, oodboo said:

Fire dragon and saint dragon have been added to the collection now.

1999699454_PXL_20210331_2132025732.thumb.jpg.95a886dc77225276fd9599a40d8c118a.jpg

Just need the rere thunder dragon so I can have a nice, clean new one. Also considering a tbg dash emperor body for the old thunder dragon. 

I have a thunder dragon on order  should be here soon.   i was thinking about the fire D  but that's out in oct/nov

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Have you seen the new saint dragon       Tamiya Saint Dragon 4WD (47459)

I have. I'm not sure how I feel about it going on the fire dragon chassis, looks like it sits too high up to me. Might have to get one anyway though 🤣

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Still haven't bothered with the new 4wd Saint Dragon, don't think I will but I have bought a new Saint Dragon body and I have the choice of the original red decals or the new blue ones when I paint it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...