• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Hooligan

stujh85

I've been looking for a while now at electric rally rc on the market and the FTX hooligan looks to offer the best spec for the money. Has anyone else here bought/ tried one? also looking at the size of it seems a bit bigger than 1/10 scale that it's claiming to be, if it's difficult to get bodyshell I might have a go customising the original shell, if so any tips doing this would be great :)

Proper rally blocks, depending on actual arch size, clearance and stock wheel/tyre diameter. Quite like Absima wheels and tyres myself, run a set of their road tyres on the df02 and am very impressed with quality and wear.

Looks like a cheap and entertaining runabout tbh, the tyres are, for me, oversized and a bit toy grade comedy style. Thing is, have you hit the nail on the head by (buying and) converting the Vandal...especially if there's a suitable bl combo and servo in the spares box?

• Like 1

No BL combo spare atm but the 550 15t can and 45a ESC on 2s make the Vandal a lively beast :yes:  

Those Ripmax wheels along with the shell and posts come in at 35 quid plus postage. Add that to the 45 quid for the vandal, 40 odd quid for a combo, cheap servo and tx/rx and yeah, cheapo Hooligan. 

Edited by chewbacca

would they not be too small??

looking at it, looks more like 1/8th scale sized wheels.

would the carisma 959 or wr8 wheels not be a better choice??

doesnt look like a bad buy for the money  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Without having one to poke at, it's hard to say Gaz.... I think the stockers may be deceptive in terms of actual size...

Vandal conversion is the cheaper option for those with existing kit/lipos....

• Like 1

Depends on arch clearance. I thought my sc rims would fit nicely under the rally shell, which they didn't. At all. Traxxas rally boots are ok for tarmac and loose gravel/dust, struggle for grip on grass...

• 6 years later...
On 28/10/2014 at 20:17, Noj said:

Proper rally blocks, depending on actual arch size, clearance and stock wheel/tyre diameter. Quite like Absima wheels and tyres myself, run a set of their road tyres on the df02 and am very impressed with quality and wear.

Looks like a cheap and entertaining runabout tbh, the tyres are, for me, oversized and a bit toy grade comedy style. Thing is, have you hit the nail on the head by (buying and) converting the Vandal...especially if there's a suitable bl combo and servo in the spares box?

Normal 1.9 inch 1/10 scale touring car wheels don’t fit over the hubs need to space or find a specific offset the wheels on it are 2.2 buggy wheels standard fit on all 1/10 buggy of which this is based 

• Haha 1

On 16/09/2021 at 18:37, Manpac77 said:

Normal 1.9 inch 1/10 scale touring car wheels don’t fit over the hubs need to space or find a specific offset the wheels on it are 2.2 buggy wheels standard fit on all 1/10 buggy of which this is based 

I use the Kyosho DRX VE wheels/tyres on my 3s Hooligan. Way better than stock. 

Having said that, I do like the look of the new Hooligan wheels, look a bit Fiesta ish.