• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

no binding loop?

wappa

The later FHSS receivers (blue case) do not use a binding lead but, as Roverman suggests, have a button for binding.

The earlier DSSS receivers (black case) do use a binding lead. These are easy enough to make if you have a spare servo plug - just connect the signal and -ve pins (two outside ones) together.

However, as you say it is FHSS it should have the little button on top of receiver.. The FHSS and DSSS systems are not compatible with each other.

hiya, the receiver i have is blue yes (fshh). ive tried connecting my receiver up but have had no joy at all. the manual to this seem pretty useless to me lol. ive connected up throttel and power and have a green light but as soon as i connect the steering servo it twitches and makes a noise the wheels slowly align and the the green light goes red and nothing ? ive tried and tried nd just cant work this out at all...everything seems to be going wrong so far...ive already had to repair my pull start as it snapped off on my mate earlier lol but i know enough to fix that im just lost with this one?! any help would greatly welcomed....my wire colours are ..... streering servo....white/red/black throttle servo...yellow red black...power empty red black if this helps

Firstly, when you connect power and throttle, does the throttle work normally?

What happens if you connect power with the throttle servo plugged into the steering socket, without the steering servo connected?

What batteries are you using for the receiver?

Did these servos work correctly with a previous radio?

hi yes they all worked fine on previous equipment, the throttle works fine opens full and closes fine, it twitches when i try swapping ports and then the receiver shows no sign of light etc...i have had them all in and with a green light but when i then pressed the steering stick the receiver flased around the car twiched and then again the light went off on the box.

If you are getting the solid green light, then the set is binding.- at least initially.

I'm inclined to think that it is a battery problem. Are you using "dry" (non re-chargeable) batteries or rechargeable?

I'm guessing that you may be using "dry" batteries and they are slightly flat or, if rechargeable, that one cell is defective.

If your previous set was 27 or 40mhz, they are more tolerant of slight voltage drops as load is applied in moving a servo than are 2.4ghz, which rely more on digital techniques and rely on a stable voltage supply.

I will see if I have chance to simulate your problem later - is your set the 2 channel "sport" or 3 channel "pro" (I have both).

Edited by Shudson

bare with me here as i will admit i was trying to be smart and use my old non recharable battery unit instead of my recharable power pack thinking id save power for todays outing lol. ill just give it all another go and will reply with news , thank you shudson

well lol...using my rechargable has worked...now i definatly feel stupid lol. thank you so much for your responses. 1 last question mind...just how much of the ariel must be out of the top and showing please?

Only the last inch, or so, is the actual ariel and the higher you can get this bit the better, particularly as 2.4ghz is more or less "line of sight", which is not the case with 27 & 40mhz. Having said that, I have about 20 FrSky sets which have only a very short aerial lead, so are actually within the radio box on the car.

On balance, I would aim for the last 4 inches or so outside the box - within an aerial tube ideally.

Incidentally, although I have only one "sport" set, I have 14 Core/Etronix/Tamco (they are all the same, just different labels) "pro" sets and have had no problems. Just be a bit gentle with the transmitter as if  the sticks get knocked they can bind up and you have to juggle them back into place to free them up again. There seems to be a lot of "push-fits" in their construction.

Have a good outing.

Just another update after first outing , went well had to fix pull start again on site so looking to buy a rotostart to prevent this happening again. No runaways to report but my battery's didn't last long before needing to be replaced in the controller...so will also look at a rechargeable pack for that...not sure how much that will be though ? Thanks for your help guys its all about learning for me ATM lol.