• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New hyper sse fire

Thomas rc

Hey guys. Just built my new hyper sse and on my very first run with it one of my lipos decided to explode after a roll over and it has also damaged my other battery. The damage on the buggy isn't to bad luckily only melted a bit of the battery tray and the centre diff mount. I think I will invest in some hard case lipos now ...

I just can't believe it's on my new build. Yea I'm guessing it was the roll over as it started hissing then loads if smoke then eventually fire. Hobbywing 150a esc leopard motor and 2 nano tech 3s battery's. Before I got to it I thought it was going to melt to the ground before i ripped the batteries of it. All I was thinking was pound coins that is spent on it lol

It was an xerun 150a however,I would like to ad that when I got it (2nd hand) the fan was knackered. I replaced the fan with a better one, made a spacer so it fit properly inside. All seemed well - took my truggy out to a car park and within a few mins the ESC was smoking!

I don't know if it was me that had done something wrong but meh... You live and learn ;)

Had a lilo go up once too - sooooo much smoke lol

It was an xerun 150a however,I would like to ad that when I got it (2nd hand) the fan was knackered. I replaced the fan with a better one, made a spacer so it fit properly inside. All seemed well - took my truggy out to a car park and within a few mins the ESC was smoking!

I don't know if it was me that had done something wrong but meh... You live and learn ;)

Had a lilo go up once too - sooooo much smoke lol

I actually meant "a lipo" not "a lilo" lol bloody overly aggressive autocorrect