• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

suzuki jimny issues

jordan_bench10

Got a neoghbour with a jimny thay ive done bits on

However hes now cutting out when he gets warm and sounds very rough when idling

Any clues of what this could be ? As the garage wants 50 + vat an hr to strip nd check

start the engine up, take 1 of the coil packs off 1 the top of the spark plugs 1 at a time. you will find the engine sounds worse, as you pull the coils packs off, 1 of them will not make a difference.

am prity sour you will find the problem

People slating the jimny obviously know nothing about them!!! I have one and they are brilliant,will go places a defender etc wont and are much more reliable[emoji12]

I can help but need a little bit more info..........what year is it?does it cut out when driving after extended periods of say 50mph+?if so does the Rev counter go mental when its "faulting"?if its turned off and left to cool does normal running resume?

I think I know what it is but need further info before making a suggestion.

Or do as someone else suggested goto bigjimny.com, my username on there is jonesyba420.

Edited by jonesyba42p

I'll send her a big bunch of flowers for doing the decent thing and consigning it to the scrappy.

One less, small, Japanese box of crap to have to overtake on Britain's highways and byways!

Not a Jimmy ;)

Or a Kyzashi, although my brother in law does, referred to as the Suzuki Sneeze!

As a Jimmy owner, you see something in it that I don't, nowt wrong with that! Just remember this, no man with a good car needs to be justified, ergo, I have nowt more to say ;)