• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dremel Versatip catalyst

Vr5fx

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a new catalyst from?

In the Versatip, in the next section after the tip there is a catalyst that restricts the pressure and holds the heat, well mine is starting to break down and the tip no longer holds the heat that well.

Anyone know what could be used as a replacement, or where I could get one?

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I take it you didnt read that its a spare part he's looking for not the full kit  :thumbsup:

Type in the number on your versatip into here.    http://www.powertools-aftersalesservice.com/public/dremel/service?lgRedirect=true&country=GB&lg=en

It should give you details on how to get the part

I take it you didnt read that its a spare part he's looking for not the full kit  :thumbsup:

Type in the number on your versatip into here.    http://www.powertools-aftersalesservice.com/public/dremel/service?lgRedirect=true&country=GB&lg=en

It should give you details on how to get the part

I thought that he meant the tip was the problem. When I googled what he asked for that came up.

I think he means the mesh inside that glows red when lit 

Yuh, this is correct.

Thanks for the link, I tracked it down and found the spare part, can't get the catalyst on its own, so I'd have to spend

Edited by Vr5fx