• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

I'm really not looking for comments or likes or whatever, just putting this thread here for myself to look back on etc... Feel free to comment if you like... Leave any hate outside :)

I went to RCModelz, just to have a general look round, meet Ish finally and see what was what.

Saw all the Bajas sat there, which got me thinking, anyway, came away with a new one obviously :lol:

Started out life as a KM T1000B, I fancied a change from buggies, had it as a Beetle for about a week... Then decided no, I need a buggy lol.

IMG_4226_zpsyguvimdm.jpg

Sold off the conversion kit, and bought the correct bits to change to a buggy.

IMG_4272_zps331a0df2.jpg

Then managed to grab a cheap set of wheels and tyres off eBay, they did their job which was to test the engine and get it run in etc... I've also decided to try the RPM front bumper out this time over the Uber setup, no doubt end up going back to Uber eventually, but this looks more sturdy than I was expecting.

Then I decided to get some new wheels and tyres as the Dirt Busters just have no grip on wet grass, which I already knew, but they had served their purpose to that point.

So I bought some new Hostile MX's, hard compound, all round, on HPI rims and foams, with Hostile beadlocks (again, just trying something new to my usual Silverback arrangement)

Also stumbled upon Paul seling the originally custom made for me wheel nuts, which were for my last build, but ended up sold when I went with my usual Silverback setup.

Also bought a BZM Micro side pipe and looking at different engine options at the moment... Heard the BZM Micro on AD's Baja and really liked the noise though, so that's my pipe of choice, provided it performs well enough, if not, then I'll order the GBE Endbleed if I can find one in stock, failing that, I'm open to suggestions?

Few other things done such as rear shock brace, GBE rear engine brace, 4,300mAh battery, Switchblade killswitch, UberRC windows, I-RC under chassis brace... Also got the PhatDad fan brace coming along with a TR front top plate (again, on a note of trying new things with this one) shall take an up to date picture either sometime tonight or tomorrow when she's back together :)

That's all for now.

EDIT; Figured seeing as I have a spec list on my other thread I'd add one to this, possibly missed some bits off but this is from memory.

Zenoah G305 ProMX
Walbro 990 carb
Switchblade killswitch
BZM Micro side pipe
Hitec HS-7954SH throttle servo
Hitec HS-5755MG steering servo
GH Racing front shock tower
GH Racing front shock supports
GH Racing billet pullstart handle
Innovative-RC under chassis brace
Innovative-RC front hinge pin braces
Innovative-RC rear hinge pin braces
Innovative-RC hardened drive pins
Team PhatDad fan brace
Team PhatDad left engine brace
Team PhatDad right engine brace
Team PhatDad fuel tank brace
ModifiedRC rear chassis plate
GBE rear engine brace
RPM front bumper
Turtle Racing front top plate
Turtle Racing quickdiff
Turtle Racing transmission plate
Turtle Racing one piece brake mount
Turtle Racing brake pad springs
Turtle Racing rear shock brace
Turtle Racing pinion
Turtle Racing quickdiff
Turtle Racing servo saver
HPI HD gearbox gears
Hostile Heavy Duty hubs
Hostile Heims
Hostile beadlocks
Hostile MX rear tyres
Hostile MX front tyres
Hostile spur
Hostile boots
Team FastEddy front hub ball/cone combo
Team FastEddy front turnbuckles
Uber RC carbon fibre windows
Uber RC front bolted hubs
Uber RC wheelnuts
Uber RC shock socks
Outerwears airfilter pre-filter
Outerwears pullstart pre-filter
Swingy P limiting cables all round
Team Fruitbat rear hub extenders
Darksoul shock o rings
Darksoul Toobz
4300mAh hump pack
HPI HD gearbox gears
HPI drive cups
HPI diff cups
Fonzie heim cuffs
Fonzie spur gear cover pins
Fonzie spiked window handles
Silverback beadlocks
N-R-P wing
DDM billet fuel cap
Velocity quick release stack
TGN Shorty air filter
RCR brakes

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 1

Now that does actually look good... I know the only reason I started not to like it was the fact I didn't paint it, and the stickers you see on it are from the shop, and didn't really like those either.

could you get nick or bez to change your username to "Oh How Repetitive"?

OHR doesn't have the same ring to it :tease:

• Like 1

Them hostile beeds are cr4p. .. split all mine after a few runs. The new v3 silverback beeds are very sexy.

Glad your back enjoying the baja/large scale.

I've heard they are... I also did crack an old one, but figured what the hell lol.

I will of course get some Silverbacks soon, but these should be okay just for now.

Just hope this pipe turns out to be as good as you say :P lol.

And cheers, had some rather major developements in my personal life, for the better (so far)

this is the reason i never take money with me when im just window shopping.  as i cannot resist some things.

I tend to not carry cash but always have my wallet with me just in case I need it for anything.

Rather glad I did because they where actually having a sale on at the time and I got a spur gear chucked in for nothing on top of the

Cash gets deals done that a bit of plastic has no chance of.

If i'm buying car parts or anything else that i think i can get a cash discount on, i'll ask. I'm pretty sure if you were to walk into Modelsport with a grand in your pocket and bought a 5ive and asked for a cash price, they'd probably do a deal lol

Cash gets deals done that a bit of plastic has no chance of.

If i'm buying car parts or anything else that i think i can get a cash discount on, i'll ask. I'm pretty sure if you were to walk into Modelsport with a grand in your pocket and bought a 5ive and asked for a cash price, they'd probably do a deal lol

Anyone would, you'd think... Much better to make

BZM pipe arrived in a bit of a sorry state, I was aware of this though so not overly bothered.

Bigger than I expected, hopefully live up to the hype :)

Just need to decide if I can be bothered to strip all the paint for a raw finish or go for black...

Also ignore the mount, I'm going to refine it with the Dremel lol!

IMG_4361_zps907fee88.jpg

IMG_4363_zpsaa12a4fa.jpg

• .AJ. locked this topic
  • .AJ. unlocked this topic