• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lc racing Truggy

silone74

That pic has ben out for ages ,. shell is still in development from what I hear plus it'll be clear.

could be wrong but to me it looks very CGI.

I do know it's based off the SCT/Desert buggy chassis (long)  but I really want to establish whether or not they are using long swing arms etc,.

Is supposedly due for release in Novemeber but something tells me that won't be the case, we shall see but I certainly hope it comes in kit form.

Edited by Deafty

Hello Guys,

A while back I asked about this truggy on LC's facebook page, and this was the reaction.

" It is EMB-TH, and Truggy use same long chassis as of EMB-SC/Rally/DT, big tires(same size of 1/10 buggy rear tires), big motor(same size of 1/10), RTR version, nylon wing, price similar to EMB-DTH."

lcracing-truggy-1_zpse08821ed.jpg

Edited by Droopy

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if they are using a 2850 size motor in this, could be wrong but there's a PIC on Facebook of what looks to be the truggy without the shell on

Si

feeling confident,  outdrives are a tad soft but 3s on the buggy motor has been fine.  I would like to see beefier cvd's.  Diff internals should be ok (new vs) but I hold a little fear for someone using the older 6 gear design , though well suited for buggy stock motor.

If the outdrive next to the slipper still sits in a bushing and not paired with a bearing like the front, I see that being a niggle,.

That being said I make the assumption this is going to be a big brother to the emb-1

I'm more interested whether or not the steering assembly is with smaller tolerances and how they tackle the front upper arms.  I hope this isn't overlooked with the added forces of the longer arms,... we shall see.

My shop is in the dark about relase dates,  likely delayed.

Cheers for pic :good:

Length of can looks right but the width seems off for true 1:10.  or is it me :shockingscary:

edit: just checked rctech net.

Thanks for the pic! FYI, they're using a 2850 motor

Though a little hard to tell, All in all it looks like it just has offset rims.   :xd:

Arms appear the same size, uses monster body mounts, SCT/rally/DB chassis and  sideguards

Not overly impressed as little design has been done, just moved the esc location ans slapped in a bigger motor.

This is is exactly what I was planning to do to my buggy when I 1st got it,. just had trouble establishing an offset rim or hex.

Still,. if the motor is as good as the buggy stocker, I'll probably get one :)  (motor that is).

So if I'm right, a simple conversion can be done.

Shopping list:

• Rims and tires (though 1:10 buggy tires look about perfect.)   20
  • Centre shaft  7
  • Centre brace 5
  • Sideguards   6
  • Motor  30
  • Shell  ??
  • Long Chassis  16

= approx 85 euro.

rtr will likely be 200-220

Hmm.,. on the fence for now.

Edited by Deafty

I did think of buying the longer chassis as I have a full emb buggy in spare parts and looking at the pic they have taken the easy option and stuck with their rally/sct set up with a longer can motor using 2.2 rear 1/10 buggy wheels all round

Si

I did think of buying the longer chassis as I have a full emb buggy in spare parts and looking at the pic they have taken the easy option and stuck with their rally/sct set up with a longer can motor using 2.2 rear 1/10 buggy wheels all round

Si

Their a smallish company and most likely can afford to design a whole new chassis. No need to be a hater Edited by alex97

I am far from a hater lol, I like lc racing, I am merely saying they use the same platform for all their vehicles and I might build a truggy from the spares I have already.

Si

Tbh I would have this over the mini 8t anyday!  cheaper too I rekon ;)

I wouldn't i would rather keep the cash in my bank and not have either !! :yes: 

What attracted me to this was the false hope it would run 1/10th scale electrics not oversized 1/18th scale :shockingscary: ..

This like the losi M8T is a flop IMO just a mixed up mash of parts slung together in the hope it will work..Granted they have done a better job than losi but then again they had a better starting point so it should have been !!.. Just a shame like losi they never bothered to pull something better out the bag :sly:   

Don't u own a m8t?

The emb platform is solid.  Kinda like your G3 collection in a different scale.  In no way can any of us say flop, esp as the platform is proven.

I see no mix or mash of parts here either, they fit,function,performn and at least the kit comes with decent leccy gear,. I'm still running the stock servo , that's a 1st for me!

That being said I would much prefer a truggy built from the ground up, but I can only name 1 in all scales of rc that aren't mix and mashed as u put it with their little brother buggy's.

I do own the M8T yes well did till the other day !..Don't get me wrong once sorted its great to drive but its the sorting bit that was a pain !! and something that shouldn't have been the case !!!.. 

You don't see i mix and mash of parts are you blind ?? So they have not taken the buggy diffs or motor mount not used the stretched out chassis from the sct not borrowed the arms from the sct lets face it its a body, bumper and shell along with wheels and tyres and a stretched motor can IMO.. The rest is all taken from there existing platform's a bit like what good old traxxas do and get highly slatted for doing it and pretty much what losi just did with the m8t and yes the g3 range from TT.. Trouble is when doing this any faults in one are carried over to the next and not addressed instead hidden under a shiny new shell !!

Decent leccy gear is choice as i see i lot of guys say the motor and servo is good but the esc's are underrated, but then here guys say the motor runs hot and needs replacing to run 3s when bashing !! so again a mix of views 

It would have been fantastic if they had of released a complete new design or even made a new motor mount to run a 540 can but just like losi they went with a low budget and used what was to hand with no real thought and effort put in so for this reason its a flop IMO will it run better than the losi i would highly hope so as the base material was better to start with, could they like losi have done more YES !!  

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

I get what you are saying.

Truth is there isn't a single truggy out there in any scale that doesn't use existing parts from the buggy.  I thought I knew 1 but no that to is based off the buggy platform.

The biggest fault imo are the screws, followed by the steering rack.  Both easily rectified and tbh if thats all thats wrong with it the only reason not to have one is u don't like the scale these models.

I long for the day of a dedicated truggy design in any scale but till then the emb platform is solid and I like it, a lot :)

My motor temps are decent even on 3s.  I haven't changed my driving style and from other brushless systems I have run this is the coolest I have ever had!

To me this is one of the best kits I have had the pleasure of owning and I thank Silone for pointing me in this direction over the carisma or losi.

As for a Truggy conversion,. I may get round to it,but for now I'm lovin the buggy platform.