• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

losi 3.0 kit..IM WELL CONFUSED!

Mr Drifta

Right another thread lol

Want the TLR 3.0 in electric form, BUT WHY is the Nitro kit cheaper than

The leccie specific kit??

Am I seriously missing something..(probably lol)..

Or is/am I better off buying the nitro kit and building a leccie

Monster off that?

My logic is ive my Nitro EU already so will have servos/rx/tx batteries

Blah blah all I would need is an ESC and motor plus odds sods.

I just fancy building a kit again and this seems ideal....

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP ????

Might as well get another EU and build an electric monster off that there's no real difference other than the arm design. I guess the difference is that they would build less electric 3.0's than the nitro version hence being more exclusive and expense .

• Like 1

I looked at one a while back and worked out it was cheaper to buy the Nitro kit and then all the electric parts including chassis, shell, etc... than a E kit, but in the end I decided against it and got the Sworkz instead and saved

• Like 1

Might as well get another EU and build an electric monster off that there's no real difference other than the arm design. I guess the difference is that they would build less electric 3.0's than the nitro version hence being more exclusive and expense .

i don't agree i think the reason is that they are about to release a eu version of the 3.0 because they are the same price in the us and only on sale in europe...

• Like 1

Just fancied A 3.0 build, that will be my last kit then, I'll

Have my EU nitro for me, and the 3.0 leccie too enjoy with the kids.

So you reckon an EU in 3 forms on the cards hey...whos ya source hahaha as if true I want it.

Well ive just done exactly that, i wanted to get back into 1/8 rallycross, my choice was a 3.0 nitro kit and then i bought the e conversion kit, i dont regret it one bit, its by far the best buggy ive ever had, i opted for the 48t steel spur as well from the dedicated e model instead of the plasic one in the conversion kit, you will obviously need the 2.0 e body not the 3.0e body, proline and jconcepts do a nice body unless you just run the stock body you get in the kit but it has the hole pre-cut for the engine.

Im running a viper esc and a turnigy 1950kv sensored motor and it goes like stink, seriously no nitro at my track can get near it down the straight, running 4s lipo 2x 8000mah black magic batteries fit into the battery compartment perfectly, i can run the 20min final no problems at all, each battery still has 30% left in after the final.

I would highly recomend one, it jumps very very well indeed, im running stock losi build set up and it handdles great, takes a real good beating as well.

• Like 1

Cheers lads, watchman that do look nice

So id need the 3.0E shell, cool.

I just fancy another build, like I say leccie so my kids can enjoy it safely

As nitro is a game of patience leccie is all go.

BUUUUTTTT its gotta be a quick one so I dont get bored of the silence lol

Hi fella no, you need the 2.0e shell, the 3.0e chassis is thinner than the 3.0 nitro so when you have done the e conversion its still the same width as the nitro, so you need the 2.0e body, it fits perfectly.