• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Milton Keynes area drifters!?!

b_hawk111

Alright guys! So I will soon be moving to Milton Keynes and so I'm leaving behind my normally weekly outdoor drift club.

I'm planning on Carrying on drifting outdoors in Milton Keynes, one evening in the week.

I'm keeping the hose we use for tracking at our normal meet and a couple of foam pieces to use for walls and clipping points.

Anyone in the area fancy joining in?

I'll be making a new group on Facebook for it and a new page to go with it too.

I'll post back with the group name etc when we get a bit further down the line, just trying to find people at the moment!

My old club used to be great back in its day, used to get 15 sometimes 20 people down every week, but it has dwindled down to 3 or 4 of us, so looking forward to trying to make something with more people again!

Sounds good we use got a few people already then!

Me and my mate rich should be fairly regular! And I hoped you three might come out to play Teshi!

Potential at the moment is the asda car park or the stadium car park as apparently the tarmac there is super smooth!

But that is obviously uncovered so I'm trying to find somewhere covered for wet weather evenings!

At the moment I have thought of the ikea under cover parking, where I will go and have a word with the store manager and see if that would be OK with them, or possibly buszy, but it depends how many skaters are still there in the evening!

Also I used to be a soul regular scratcher;) I just havn't managed to get up there recently with everything that's going on!

Edited by b_hawk111

Ikea might be a good shout. The owners of the one in North London and Neasden were awesome. They used to let the mature guys hold an actual car show there without any bother so they might be the same. I mean if skaters are no problem then see no reason why they would have a problem with rc drifters.

Sounds good hopfully they will be good for us too then! I didn't mean there would be a problem with the people that own buszy, it's more the skaters that are there as it is a skate park sort of, don't know if they would be upset if we took up a section to drift!

I'll take my car to ikea one day in the week and check out the surface as I will probably be there quite a bit in the next week!

The surface at the Buzy isn't ideal really. It's all paving slaps with odd heights and gaps. I go riding up there some times.

Ikea would be good. It's only 5 minutes from me :)

The store is open late (I think until 10?) though so it might still be busy in their car park.

I'm trying to think what else is around. The CentreMK multi-storey maybe?

Where do you live then? I work in Mount farm and going to be living up Wolverton way!

Yer that's cool about buszy, I havn't been there apart from delivering stuff, so havn't had a good look at the surface!

Ikea should be good though! Yer even if they are open that late there might be a corner we can get into! Will have to see how it goes!

Oh and we used to run in a must story I'm stevenage and the surface was way too grippy! Can give it a go but it might be too much!

Aha yer I know of fenny!

Cool well this sounds pretty good then! And yes well up for some ikea hot dogs mid drift session!

I might check the surface in the week and have a word, maybe we could have a cheeky drift one evening and see what we think!

Not sure on days, probably not Tuesday Wednesday Thursday or Saturday so we aren't clashing with other nearby clubs, so one of the other days,

And probably around 8pm or so for times :)

You should still come down if you don't have electric yet! Are you local?

If you mean the meet on a Wednesday night at gyspy lane Luton then yeah used to go there quite a lot but since ownin the drift car the car park is a bit rough for drifting but is deffo big enough for my trophy flux truggy.

• Like 1

Yea my boy will come to as he loves rc he won't shut up about my nitro and he only 2

I'll be getting him a micro before I get my electric

Haha sweet, but sounds good either way!

Will be deffo up for this. I'm in Luton so only two junctions up :)

Excellent! Should be a great group we get ourselves!

• Like 1

Id be up for that too, I'm in st.albans but always worth a trip out to test my setup, using a Vaterra V100 mainly built for speed but it slips nice with drift tyres on :)

I used to go to the Toys R Us meet run by Neil at Sundon Models years ago with my 13.5t powered brushless TT01 and they hated me because it was faster than their race cars so stopped going in the end.

Edited by NuttyProfessor

Id be up for that too, I'm in st.albans but always worth a trip out to test my setup, using a Vaterra V100 mainly built for speed but it slips nice with drift tyres on :)

I used to go to the Toys R Us meet run by Neil at Sundon Models years ago with my 13.5t powered brushless TT01 and they hated me because it was faster than their race cars so stopped going in the end.

Sounds good!

I made a trip to ikea today! (mainly to ram my car with furniture) and checked out the area!

There is some good bits that look nicely Un used by cars for parking under cover.

The surface seems fairly smooth but also seems a bit grippy so might not be great for it but will be worth a go!

I'll take my car down next trip there I make and check it out properly but should be fine for an under cover meet!

Well if people have a set of hard slicks, can have some high speed sideways action if its too grippy. Good place to ask, what drift tyres do you boys use? I've got a few sets im trying out ranging from the HPI Toyo replica's and a set of yeah racing type d's but I've found the cheapest set I have from racing punk perform the best. I've always been a grip driver so its all new to me.

WP_20141023_12_22_14_Pro_zpsee2f6d04.jpg

WP_20141026_001_zpsf375f27e.jpg

WP_20141026_14_11_45_Pro_zpsa1505e9b.jpg

My Vaterra :)

Edited by NuttyProfessor