• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Watch "Hpi rs4 3 wobble

pockets snakes

Here is what i would do. 

Engine, this has been beaten and run with no care, it happens with newcomers and even us oldies.

the flywheel and the clutch housing is borg meat, so strip out that engine for a start. pop it onto a shelf.

Now go find a .12 - .18 nitro engine, something New But cheap, also get yourself a new clutch housing and flywheel replacement for car,

this has been owned by a dude bloke, so its gonna be reved to death and misstreated, a lady will take care and clean a model, spend time making sure its dirtless.

a new engine and flywheel/clutch will take away all that sloppyness , while the engine is out, remove the four holding screws/bolts on the rear and front diffs, take them off as a whole unit.

now clean the chassis up, some wd40 on a rag, then let it air dry.

Same goes for those diifs clean them up a bit, if the lady is about have her clean one and you clean one, keep an eye on the lady and offer / advise and help when needed.

All these car ran generic .12 engines, but racers would upgrade to a race prepped .12 / .16 /.18 engine, two speed kits-conversions came about for bashers and roadies.

you have to remember even a car that 4yr old is a fair way behind in technology and materials, newer engines are more refined- more lighter with high speed bearings etc etc.

HOP UPS i wouldnt even bother, i would try to revert the machine back to its original factory state, ie Single speed track racer. (its gonna be quick for the lady even with a donkey .12 fitted ( cheap engine none race )

i WOULD upgrade the chassis with sway bars if possible.

i WOULD replace fuel tank and all fuel pipes

i would put four new boots and new rims onto chassis.

i would upgrade servo both steering and throttle/brake to a new version.

I would exchange the stock pipe with a race tuned version, 

Here is what i would do.

Engine, this has been beaten and run with no care, it happens with newcomers and even us oldies.

the flywheel and the clutch housing is borg meat, so strip out that engine for a start. pop it onto a shelf.

Now go find a .12 - .18 nitro engine, something New But cheap, also get yourself a new clutch housing and flywheel replacement for car,

this has been owned by a dude bloke, so its gonna be reved to death and misstreated, a lady will take care and clean a model, spend time making sure its dirtless.

a new engine and flywheel/clutch will take away all that sloppyness , while the engine is out, remove the four holding screws/bolts on the rear and front diffs, take them off as a whole unit.

now clean the chassis up, some wd40 on a rag, then let it air dry.

Same goes for those diifs clean them up a bit, if the lady is about have her clean one and you clean one, keep an eye on the lady and offer / advise and help when needed.

All these car ran generic .12 engines, but racers would upgrade to a race prepped .12 / .16 /.18 engine, two speed kits-conversions came about for bashers and roadies.

you have to remember even a car that 4yr old is a fair way behind in technology and materials, newer engines are more refined- more lighter with high speed bearings etc etc.

HOP UPS i wouldnt even bother, i would try to revert the machine back to its original factory state, ie Single speed track racer. (its gonna be quick for the lady even with a donkey .12 fitted ( cheap engine none race )

i WOULD upgrade the chassis with sway bars if possible.

i WOULD replace fuel tank and all fuel pipes

i would put four new boots and new rims onto chassis.

i would upgrade servo both steering and throttle/brake to a new version.

I would exchange the stock pipe with a race tuned version,

I think that main what she want done

So I said we'll may as well try getting it going properly and kill it till Xmas come then strip it rebuild it put all the pink parts you want etc etc

The main reason for the car was due to been in all pink

So I think that what we're doing

So she can get some use out of it before Xmas