• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ripmax dingo

Rc lari

Hi all. I'm in need of getting a some new batteries for my kids ripmax dingo and jackel 1/18th.

Can anyone help?

What is the best for duration and power to go for?

was thinking is it possible to up the voltage on these to 8.4v or will the electronics not take it?

8.4v will fry the electrics. You may get away with a 2s lipo, but will have to fit a separate lva, which, I think, may be a tight fit under the shell.

Very little choice in terms of replacement NiMH packs unfortunately...the bigger the mah of the pack, the longer the runtime (driving style dependent), the voltz 1600mah available from MS will run slightly longer than the 1300mah stock pack, not by much though.

Your ripmax buggys require 2/3a sized batterys in a 6 cell flat config. 

they tend to come with 1200mah or 1300mah packs, generic greenish covering

Interllect was a good name in batterys, i know they did a 1600mah battery pack in a 2/3a battery size and flat config.

for longer duration you would run a higher MAH 

Power. i guess they getting a little bored ?

when you say-they say power what is it they want ? 

more dirt kicking up , slightly slower but more brunt and torque.

Out running the local 4 legged wildlife with plenty more throttle to go, 

the power can be adjusted, without need for a motor uprade-lipo pack, being young lets keep safe

and grab a few pinions. lower numbered teeth pinions change the gearing to more torque and less speed at max throttle.

bigger number pinion teeth means less torque but higher top speed, the truck will be more sluggish from take off

but once upto speed it will rocket along.

teach the young one's that gearing makes changes to how the truck runs on dirt or tarmac.

while your at it see if they do any Spur gears 55 tooth to 60 tooth, when they are used to differnet pinions,

throw the spur gear into the mix, tell them it to makes changes but to speed also.

this will save you in the long run having to fork out for two brushless systems.

both have the same chassis design and pinions/spurs so it then comes down to the better driver,

fights can occour becasue one has more than the other, so make everything fair, each has the same.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

I ran 2200mah packs in my Jackal and Husky, take 5500kv brushless nicely on 2s, plenty of torque for wheelies but around 35 mph :) go up in pinion size, run hot on 2s, one esc got that hot, melted the battery cables and garotted my fingers like a cheese wire. Parma do some nice 1:18 bodyshells btw and use Jackal tyres, grip is so much better and at

I got a Dingo for my Nephews birthday this coming weekend. Got a couple of these

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-2v-1600mah-nimh-2-3a-in-line-battery-mini-slider-rc18t-18mt-etc.html

Same Amps as the battery that came with it. I am working on the principle that each will last about 20 minutes with luck and bringing it in for a battery change wil give him a break and me a chance to spot anything about to break.