• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

And another crash....

yoodoo

Had a runaway today.I was flying in cloudy conditions and there was a mobile phone mast or something nearby.All controls were lost as was the RTH,result?....well,look at the picture.

20141019_203421_zps1d9e2764.jpg

Damage so far...Top and bottom deck U/S,carbon prop U/S,motor U/S.I was wondering is there any other 920KV motor that would do the job or do I have to get the MK 2 DJI original?

:whistling: 

I was reading a few posts on here regarding the BBC footage of Anfield and London.When I crashed my second time (see post) what I didn't say was where I was flying.I will not say the location but there is a garage that repairs police vehicles and where we used to run out large scale RC's.It is in a fairly remote area away from the public and other hazards but pretty near to this garage (but legally within the 50M).

I was in FPV when I heard a radio,I put the Hexi in hover about 50 ' up and took my goggles off and there was a bobby coming towards me talking to his radio.He asked me what I was doing and as normal just gave him the truth about having a fly in a safe zone .To this he asked if I have any recording equipment on board as i didn't I said no.I explained there was a camera but not a recording one and to this he said that there were incidents in London that drones were used to spy on places and with all the terrorism about the police were on extra alert. I could well understand that and after he done a full check on me and asked a good few questions on my past I moved on.

Just goes to show that these things are becoming a bit of a nuisance in the wrong hands. :sly:

Doesnt the goggles run from a camera tho or was it just direct screen.

Ide be thinking wat was the coppers doing to get nervous and tell him to back off. this aint America.

in that case they could of nicked you .  but as the law is all up in the air   i think it would of been to much hassle to charge you with something  as you were not really causing any harm.  lol

in that case they could of nicked you .  but as the law is all up in the air   i think it would of been to much hassle to charge you with something  as you were not really causing any harm.  lol

At the end of the day there was no harm done and I was not intentionally flying over the site in question.But,you can't be too careful with these terrorist acts.