• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Back to the drawing board with a reduced budget :-(

ZombieBite

As above, if buying used get as many pictures and details possible.

I bought a buggy off here the other week and one shock was bent, all of them had no oil, one arm was held on with the original pins, the other bodged with screws. Bent rear arm bent shock tower... Shouldn't have bothered tbh but it will be the last. Every used car i buy tends to need something :(

As above, if buying used get as many pictures and details possible.

I bought a buggy off here the other week and one shock was bent, all of them had no oil, one arm was held on with the original pins, the other bodged with screws. Bent rear arm bent shock tower... Shouldn't have bothered tbh but it will be the last. Every used car i buy tends to need something :(

Yeah, pics and after my experience this week I think a video of the car running (if RTR). I just bought a rolling chassis with a motor and esc. The chassis had mismatched screws all over the place, the tyres where bald when the ones in the advert had full tread/spikes. Then there was the motor that was making strange noises and upon opening it up there was signs of rust, corrosion and wear inside. Oh yeah, the esc was forward only, there was no reverse. And the whole lot smelled like an ashtray.

It seems that the seller has different standards to me....

Now I'm waiting for a refund to go through but at least the seller has issued one without any issue. What a palaver.

used slash 4x4 from somebody with flawless feedback. ive seen the odd ultimate edition sell for 180ish. The newer slash lcg sell higher and they sound much better.

With a used slash tho ide aim for one with velenion motor.

E-firestorm can ms stock them fast enough lol.  

Edited by RCbutcher

I've been out for the maiden voyage today with my helion volition short course truck sourced second hand from this forum with some choice upgrades. Ive got

used slash 4x4 from somebody with flawless feedback. ive seen the odd ultimate edition sell for 180ish. The newer slash lcg sell higher and they sound much better.

With a used slash tho ide aim for one with velenion motor.

E-firestorm can ms stock them fast enough lol.  

This, I just paid

I'd not heard of the Helions before, but they seem pretty reasonably priced.

Anyone any opinions on this one? Or would the Inviticus be a better bet for bashing?

http://www.wirelessmadness.com/rc-cars/helion-dominus-1-10-4wd-brushless-radio-control-truggy-with-2-4ghz-radio-system-hlna0195-orange?language=en&currency=GBP&gclid=CJyJwbLntsECFQHlwgodgEkAbQ

Not sure about the dominus. What are you looking for, electric or nitro, short course truck, monster, buggy, truggy? If you can stretch to

I'd not heard of the Helions before, but they seem pretty reasonably priced.

Anyone any opinions on this one? Or would the Inviticus be a better bet for bashing?

http://www.wirelessmadness.com/rc-cars/helion-dominus-1-10-4wd-brushless-radio-control-truggy-with-2-4ghz-radio-system-hlna0195-orange?language=en&currency=GBP&gclid=CJyJwbLntsECFQHlwgodgEkAbQ

I have a Dominus and if you take the electronics out of the equation its a decent buggy that can take a bit of a beating but it does have its issues:

1) the esc is feeble at best. 25 amps in something that has big wheels and is a similar size to a 1:8 buggy (although it is lighter). I killed my esc in the 3rd week of ownership. It took out the motor too.

2) the stock servo is pony and needs replacing yesterday.

3) I damaged the rear differential gear set. I was messing around with different pinions and left the gearbox cover off which I think caused extra flex in the chassis in turn causing damage to the gears. At least I think this is what happened. I believe this wouldn't have been a problem if I put the cover back on between swapping pinnys. The main problem resulting from this issue was the length of time I had to wait for a new differential gear set...3 months in total! To be fair all the other parts for the Dominus where in stock for it but waiting 3 months for an essential part was frustrating.

4) the stock shaft and mounting setup for the spur gear is poor. The spur wobbles. I've replace this with the optional slipper clutch setup and tolerances are infinatly better, no more wobble.

Three of these issues are easily fixed, two wouldn't be a problem of it was available as a roller and the slipper costs under

Edited by optimus